My Malifaux Crew Painting Blog

Jens

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for all the positive responses.

It seems like the Peacekeeper will take much longer than expected to paint - colours don't seem to work too well together so far, but I'll first put everywhere to get an better idea. And there will be quite a bit of weathering / oxidation later:

peacekeeper2a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing effects on that Witchling Stalker! The blades are top notch and the rest similar impressive.

Hope you will give me (and any other interested painters) lots of how to`s in the Tale..

BTW may i use a pic out of your thread for the opening post at 1st of August?

Edited by DAGabriel

Thanks again for all the nice words. And please do take any of these pictures for the 'Tale of Malifaux' opening post - I'd be honoured. If anyone is intrested I could try making a small 'step by step' when I paint a NMM blade or something again - once you got the hang of it, it's really fast and doesn't take much time if you don't care too much for flawless gradients.

This afternoon I started to paint an Austringer and I intend on polishing a bit one of my deathmarchals and hopkins. I did a fairly rushed paint job on these some time ago.

Here is the lot:

malifauxwips.jpg

(and I found my long forgotten little pile of Malifaux minatures - I didn't remember that I bought the whole lot of outcasts except the gremlins of the initial rule book).

Thanks for the compliments on the cmon contest - as much as I'm happy to have won I think there were much more creative entries than mine and would have been happy if they'd have won.

Concerning Perdita; she's my favourite of the crew still too :D and among my favoutire sculpts - it was among the main reasons for me giving the game try.

Here is my current melange of Malifaux WIPs - unfortunally that blueishgreen colour I use for the armor and cloak has a rather glossy finish - hopefully I'll be able to get rid of that once I seal the minis with a dull coat (testor is unfortunally not available in germany and all onlineshops I saw won't ship spray cans :-fate:-fate:-fate)

malifauxwips2.jpg