Tracking Wd and more

Svenn

I'm curious how everyone tracks Wounds and anything else (scrap counters also come to mind) necessary during their games. Do you have counters for each model? Do you have a sheet of paper with each models wounds written on it? Some other way?

I've only played the one game so far and we didn't even have our models or anything yet (mine should be here today! yay!) and we just had a sheet of paper where we wrote down remaining wounds. It seemed to work pretty well.

we used to use dry-wipe pens on a laminated card, but having got confused when writing battle reports, we use shields from the WHFB Goblin set; 1 skull = one wound taken

From This Pic we can see this in action, along with one of the custom counters i've sculpted from my crew; see the "Rot" counter? i used [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GqQSbA5ZY]This Technique[/ame] to sculpt "ROT" "BLEED" "BURY" "ROUGH TRADE" "BURY" and "SLOW" onto the other square sheild (with the spike removed) as they rank up nicely with the skull icons :)

Scrap Counters i want to use some of These, while for Corpse Counters i use These (made mainly from parts from Heresy Miniatures' Ghouls)

@G Gav - nice spot on the inserts as markers.

The corpse tokens are great as ever, but do Heresy sell parts, or do you have to buy packs?

@OP, have you noticed the bullet holes on the mini cards? If you laminate the cards flat and then use a drywipe marker like WM/H (although I tend to use dice)

@OP, have you noticed the bullet holes on the mini cards? If you laminate the cards flat and then use a drywipe marker like WM/H (although I tend to use dice)

When I posted this my order hadn't arrived yet so I hadn't seen the minis or the cards. ;) I did notice them when I got my stuff though. I think I'll try and get those laminated immediately.

I'm still considering using a sheet of paper to track everything though. I'm a big fan of keeping the playing field as open as possible, so not placing dice/counters all over the place to track stuff. I'd rather just write most of it down.

Oh, and thanks for the link for those steampunk inserts! Those look like great scrap counters.

@LDP - I had a leather pouch with probably 50 or more little gem counters in it that I used to use for Magic: The Gathering probably 12 years ago. I JUST got rid of that pouch along with all of my cards about 2-3 months ago because they sat untouched for years. :sad2:

we use dice.

Same here.

I think my favorite thing about the card based random number generation is being able to keep track of my model's wounds with dice with no danger of them being picked up and rolled.

That said, I prefer it over marking wounds off on the cards because I play gremlins a lot and that many cards get way more confusing than dice, especially when there are twelve gremlin cards with only four different pictures.

$20 Laminating machine and whiteboard markers.

We sometime revert to using dice but...meh.

Can't say enough for laminating cards, really makes the whole game a lot more attractive.

I've turned the postcards into a set of laminated Strategy cards.

New players really dig them, makes remembering things so much easier.

Same here.

I think my favorite thing about the card based random number generation is being able to keep track of my model's wounds with dice with no danger of them being picked up and rolled.

That said, I prefer it over marking wounds off on the cards because I play gremlins a lot and that many cards get way more confusing than dice, especially when there are twelve gremlin cards with only four different pictures.

That's a great idea!

I'd advise against laminating a Fate Deck as the lamination itself will get scratches over time.

Its also difficult to get the exact same cut / corner shape for every single card unless you have a fancy machine of some sort.

Learnt this trying to make my Scheme card indistinguishable from the back.

Something I discovered (being a wide eyed innocent to the dark arts of lamination) is it actually sticks as hard as glue to each side so the plastic you put on it is the plastic you keep forever.

I'm using some pretty standard card slips (UltraPro?) for my deck and it works nicely.

I am a giant yeti-man with big hands, though.

Some people whinge about the deck being too big to shuffle.

Same here.

yeah, another good point for the Mali card system.

you use twelve gremlins!!

I also use dice.

I works very well and I don't like to laminate my cards. And for everything you have more than you have diffrent cards, it gets a little complicated to mark it on the cards. (Belles, Hoar cats, Sabertooth, Gremlins at the moment)

But I don't like to use dice in the game (even it's work very well). If it would have been numbers on the Confrontation wound markers I would have used them. At the moment I am looking at some small tokens with numbers on them (preferebly more than one number per token (like a die...)).

As corpes tokens I have made som 30mm bases with parts of plastic skeletons on. Scrap tokens will be made when I need them. As soul stones we use "blood" from VTES (glass pearls).