n0signal's "Voodoo and Cthulhu" Painting Blog

n0signal

Well, I've still got to update my "Bacon and 'Shine" painting blog with the Bayou Gremlins that I've finished (I'll get around to updating eventually). I've two more Gremlins and the 'Skeeters to do, but in the meantime I've started, slowly, on my Zoraida crew to accompany my Gremlins.

First up is the Voodoo Doll:

voodoodollone.jpg

voodoodolltwo.jpg

As you can see, I've ripped off Sneek's idea of painting the rag dolls in faction colours; I thought it would be cool if the Voodoo Doll was "in charge" of them all and passed Zoraida whichever one she needed to use at the time. ;)

I've also started work on my Silurids, only one done so far, but you can see the scheme I'm going for (it's a reverse of the purple/green theme):

siluridone.jpg

siluridtwo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love them! I haven't decided what colour for the lizards, I picked up a couple of shades of green to see what they were like though.

So Zoraida comes with four mini voodoo dolls? Darn! I could have based them up individually and used them as the totem. I think it would be so much more creepy to have this little stuffed doll walk up and stab you in the foot with a poisoned needle.

Heh, Thanks for all the comments guys - I'd forgotten about this thread completely. ;) The last thing I finished painting for my Zoraida crew was a second Silurid, which I'll post up on here later along with a WIP group shot- I've still got to put any paint on Bad Juju and the third Silurid is about 40% done.

It's funny actually, because I've been painting Infinity miniatures lately and have fallen behind with my Malifaux Battle Challenge on TGN (I'm painting a greyscale Leveticus Crew) but I'd been debating dropping everything else and finishing the Zoraida crew anyway, so that I'd have at least one fully-painted crew finished. I think the resurrection of this thread might spur me on. ;)

I dig that Zoraida Model. I understand she's old and wrinkly, but the lack of shirt was the reason I didn't buy her. I prefer my old Voodoo Gypsy women like "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", not "Toothless Grandma showing her goods to the Ice Cream Man". :)