Food For Soulstones

Dv8guy

On December 20th we will be having a "Food for Soulstones" event at Krystal Keep in Kettering, Ohio. This will be a constructed event at the 25 SS level. You may buy up to 10 additional Soulstones for your army at a cost of 2 canned or boxed goods per Soulstone (35 SS max). You may also purchase the “use soulstone” ability for models in your crew at a cost of 5 canned or boxed goods per model you want to have it. I am getting some donations from outside of the local store to help make this a big success, so the prizes (I hope) will be noteworthy. All the food collected will be donated to the food pantry at 427 A&B Washington Street Dayton, OH 45402, Tel: (937) 461-0265. Any questions can be sent to Roninfather@aol.com.

Edited to answer questions:

event registration will start at noon first round should start at one.

As of now there is plenty of space, and i have no reason to think we will run out, but to be safe please RSVP via my email

Is there a cost for the event? Just the food!

Our previous events have gone 3 round and been done around 7pm. If there is time and people want we may go for round 4.

Edited by Dv8guy

Sunday events are the best for me, just a few questions though...

What time will the event begin? (It's a fair drive from Detroit)

Is space limited?

Is there a cost for the event? (other then donations)

Any ideas yet about round numbers, and length? (gotta drive home too)

Other then that stuff, I'll see you on the 20th, and I'll try to get some of the other Michigan guys to come down as well.

Let's see my schedule for that weekend....

Saturday the 19th... going to Cinci to run a YGO Tournament.. drive back to Detroit that same evening...

Meet up with Parius (cuz he will kill me if I back out of going) and drive back to Kettering for the charity event I get to play in.

You'll know its me when you see the idiot trying to play Viktoria's crew while trying to stay vertical and awake.

I can see it now....

"You really wanna move there?"

"I know what I am doing thank you very muchzzzzsnrrckznzzzzzzzz"

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I might be able to make it after all (Grandma leaves the 18th).

With that in mind, a few questions:

(1) Do the extra soulstones get used for crew creation, or can I add them to my cache (thus taking it above 8)?

(2) I think you specified earlier, is there a limit on the amount of "Use Soulstone" I can buy for my crew?

(3) Is there anything in particular that the local food banks are looking for as donations?

(4) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

DV8 is having trouble accessing the forums and he asked me to post the following:

I apologize for not getting to this sooner. Real life interfering with my gaming life. And I hate it when that happens. So here you go guys. Feel free to ask more so there are no grey areas. Would love to have this come off without a hitch.

(1) Do the extra Soulstones get used for crew creation, or can I add them to my cache (thus taking it above 8)?

You will not be able to take your SS over the normal limit for a scrap.

(2) I think you specified earlier, is there a limit on the amount of "Use Soulstone" I can buy for my crew?

NO! you can give it to the whole crew if you want, though the original intent was this was the ability to give it to a model on a per game basis. Though it was only recently pointed out to me that this was not in my original post, so if players showing up take issue with this it will be for the day.

(3) Is there anything in particular that the local food banks are looking for as donations?

Not that I am aware of the people at the food bank I talked to didn’t mention it. Though it is a good question to ask for the one I plan to run in June. (I plan this to be bi-annual)

(4) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A wood chuck would chuck all the wood if a wood chuck could chuck wood. Then my Nephilim would eat him.

(5) Will this be a Choose a Faction or Single List?

Bring 1 list, though I am not sure if this will be the standard here in the future I am following the debate and have yet to come down on a side of it.

(6) And will there be any cookies this time or should I bake them this time if I come down.

Kyle has not yet committed to this, but we can never have too many cookies in a games store.