Malifaux Crew Builder?

Totengraber

For a few other games I have created an on-line "army builder" so that I (and others) can build armies while away from our reference materials, be it cards or books.

Pulp City Team Builder

Anima Tactics Team Builder

etc.

I'd like to do one of these for Malifaux, but I don't want to overstep any bounds. I am basically asking the creators if it would be okay by them for me to move forward with making the Malifaux Crew Builder. If there is certain information you don't want posted, like abilities and such, I can exclude those things and only include Soulstone cost and abilities that affect crew building. I can make it work and look however you'd like. If something like this is already in the works or you don't feel like it is needed, I can drop it.

I am also gauging interest from the Malifaux community as to whether this is worth the effort.

Thanks,

Totengraber

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, would very much like to see one. Some folks talk about how games with low point values don't need one but that really doesn't help if you don't have your book or cards with you when you want to mess around with some list ideas or if you're a new player planning to pick up a book and a 35ss army as your first order.

And a big +1 to anyone who wants to tackle an iPhone version as well!

A phone app would be awesome, and think about how cool it would be if it had the full cards. I could just have my phone out while I play. I'd pay for that!

You could always just take pics of the cards to put on your phone. (Provided you just used them for personal use so nobody's toes were stepped on.)

I like the idea of an army builder...I say go for it!

I don't have an iPhone, but I could program the site to detect the browser so that the site could be formatted for the iPhone. It wouldn't be a downloadable app, per se, but would be usable on the iPhone.

Works for me. Also, mobile devices really appreciate if you keep the size of the page reasonable and don't re-download the whole page every time you make a change. I can show you a web-based Infinity army builder that does this and it's really slow to use on the iPhone for that reason.

We do have the creator of tabletop commander on the forums. **nudge sam** maybe he is up for it?

On a seperate note... Someone makes an Iphone app that'll let me access all the card for building purposes. (if the wyrd guys allow it). I will be happy to toss out 25 dollars in credit for merchendise on the store here to the person that makes it. Anyone else wanna contribute to the "xprize"?

We do have the creator of tabletop commander on the forums. **nudge sam** maybe he is up for it?

On a seperate note... Someone makes an Iphone app that'll let me access all the card for building purposes. (if the wyrd guys allow it). I will be happy to toss out 25 dollars in credit for merchendise on the store here to the person that makes it. Anyone else wanna contribute to the "xprize"?

That one I can pretty much squash before excitement gets a'goin.

I have to agree with Chase on this one. A Crew Builder/Game Aid application for the iPod Touch / iPhone would open my wallet for sure. I would definitely be willing to pay a premium for that, especially if it featured a virtual deck of fate cards. Flick the deck to flip over a card, shake to shuffle, track SS's/Body Parts/Corpse/Blood counters, etc. Lots of potential there.

That being said, I'm also not opposed to a free web version either. Being able to tweak a crew list easily and on-the-fly would very nice indeed! Especially if it were able to detect your device for display purposes.

Edited by Wastenott

• 5 weeks later...

I'm curious about this too. I wrote this one for Warmachine & Hordes awhile back:

http://www.engineeringcalculator.net/ArmyBuilder.html

I'd like to do something similar for Malifaux, as it looks like I'll be playing this game for awhile to come :)

I think Privateer Press has figured out a happy medium. Until very recently, they have regulated what stats get posted online. I say "until recently" because they just released the MKII stats in pdf form on their website!

Anyway, as a result of their policy, most builders for WM do not have all full stats/abilities listed (as far as I know). And of course you cannot charge for the app.

....plus, instead of working we could all be planning out our next borken crew online!