Finding Wyrd Miniatures at Gencon 2009

EricJ

Hey, I think FFG will be just a few booths away.

Except I'll be in the event hall this year. Would have been convenient, though.

Hey Bex do you know if FFG is releasing, or putting out early, any thing cool this year? I was kicking myself for not getting Red November last year, and I don't want to do something similar this year. Ad Astra maybe? I suppose it is to much to hope for a really really early pre release of Middle Earth Quest :pray:

I'm 99% sure that they'll also be releasing Chaos in the Old World (which I'll pick upl as any good W:AR addict should).

Hmmm... I'm almost tempted to follow the instructions on the map (but then again, Wyrd's been the first booth I've planning to stop by for some time now, followed by AEG and only then FFG).

I'm not actually a boardgame guy, so I don't follow their release schedule, and I'm not really in the know anymore, so I'm unaware of any surprises. (I'm just volunteering at the Con in exchange for a free room and travel.)

If Pegasus is there, it would likely be in a limited quantity airshipped in just for the convention. I know that printed copies exist, because I learned how to play it last night in order to run it in the event hall :). I've also seen physical copies of Chaos in the Old World, and one other upcoming title I don't recall, but I wasn't in the warehouse, so I don't know if they were approval copies or part of the actual shipment.

If Pegasus is there, it would likely be in a limited quantity airshipped in just for the convention. I know that printed copies exist, because I learned how to play it last night in order to run it in the event hall :). .

So how cool is it :). Besides Malifaux its the only thing on my must get list if its there. The BSG board game is just to much fun and the expansion looks like it adds a whole lot more fun to the mix.

It integrated very well. I'd never played before, so I can't compare it to having played without the expansion. The biggest difference is the endgame with New Caprica. Otehrwise, it's mostly just new cards, and a new skill type (Treachery). Though, I'm told that being able to execute suspected Cylons makes things a lot more interesting.

Oh, and it comes with cool Basestar miniatures to replace the cardboard tokens.

Edited by Bexley