Which is the correct pronunciation to "Malifaux"?

I always assumed it was mal - eh - fo, although it did strike me as strange that there don't seem to be many french people in or around malifaux. I think I like Keltheos's pronunciation better though!

I find it funny that one of the few non-European Skirmish games out there has a very French sounding name :)

I'm gonna use Keltheos's pronunciation everytime I lose, which is a lot. :)

I always pronounced it "Mal-eh-fo", like in the word go.

Having heard Nathan say the word on several occasions, I can verify that this is the correct pronunciation.

The final syllable is pronounced in the same was as "faux" as if faux furs or Fauxlex.

I always assumed it was mal - eh - fo, although it did strike me as strange that there don't seem to be many french people in or around malifaux. I think I like Keltheos's pronunciation better though!

The word "Malifaux" was discovered in the City, itself, and so the word does not have an earthly etymology. It was one of a very few words written in roman letters and exists as part of a "Rosetta Stone" grouping of words that allowed for additional translations.

Edited by redstripe

I just bow before your normal fail mate.

So if they found the word in Roman, does that mean that the world of Malifaux has had contact with ours before either through their choice or through ours.

Hmmm interesting.

I had previously suspected that the Neverborn had at least a window into our world before, given the similarities. Which leads me to wonder what their level of involvement/exploration was, before the Rift opened for the first time?

I'm eager to hear more about this 'Rosetta stone,' as well.

To tell the truth I don't know. From the looks of things they just manifest whatever people fear and once humans from Earth came through they found what they feared and manifested as such. Presumably if the previous inhabitants had feared garden gnomes they would've manifested as such.

As to the Rosetta stone presumably it's just like the real life Rosetta stone, in that's something that has been able to be translated, thus allowing the translation of further segments of language.

To tell the truth I don't know. From the looks of things they just manifest whatever people fear and once humans from Earth came through they found what they feared and manifested as such. Presumably if the previous inhabitants had feared garden gnomes they would've manifested as such.

"It's the StayPuft Marshmallow Man."

I had previously suspected that the Neverborn had at least a window into our world before, given the similarities. Which leads me to wonder what their level of involvement/exploration was, before the Rift opened for the first time?

I won't speak too much on the subject, but illumination on these issues should be forthcoming, when the book finally makes it into your hands. It may be subtle, but both of these subjects are covered briefly and are actually linked.

For mechaace, reverse your line of reasoning, here, and see where you end up.