Greeting

Cacuin

Hey guys

Recently found this game at Origins. I have always admired the models when I saw them on coolminiornot or tabletopgames.com. Now I have a reason to buy them for something more then just painting. I tried a "demo" of the game where we went over the basic mechanics of the game without having the stats for the models we were using.

On the fluff side of the game from what I have read the arcanist pack with marcus seems awesome as hell as does the guild lady justice.

Sweeet!

The Arcanists are the BEST faction. The guild sucks though. Just drop LJ now. It will cause you less pain later. Instead try Ramos. He is the bestest!

(In all seriousness, perhaps Sonnia Criid would be a better choice as she is tailored against the Arcanists a bit better then LJ. )

What I look for in my factions tend to be multi layer tricks, the ability to take out key enemy models at my whim, preferably speed and if possible the ability to deny damage either because of defense or armor. (cryx, skorne current warmachine factions)

When I have demoed in the past for games I try to get armies that both show the basics of the game and have models that will stop a passer by to make them ask what the game is.

I did this with a game called spinespur by getting Hack(Jason like character) and having him fight Sex star six(kiss looking model), then supporting each with a group of the basic thugs. The game also had a pope like character and a bondage penguin that would sometimes make their way out into the demos too.

So the choice of arcanist seems like a no brainier for demo reasons since I would either be picking russian hottie and ice beasts, bad ass looking guy with awesome beasts of destruction or steam spiders. Any of those would cause people passing to at least take a second glance.

On the other side should be something else equally as kool and evocative. Either of the two resurrectionist would be very eye catching but so would the gunslinger esc feel of the death marshel( that just scream at the king seris hero to me). Maybe that is just me

Hello and welcome.

I'd reccomend just geting them all and then you don't have to pick ;)

Good Idea, care to pay for them for me?:)

I just saw that the swamp gremlins will get a master/box set at gencon. That is hot beyond words so I might get them and Marcus then.

The Aranists vs. Guild is a pretty classic and core battle that rages in Malifaux...but then I suppose you could really say that about any 2 factions...or masters...

The Gremlins will be there with a box at gencon, we're just are working on ways to have a banjo play when you open the box...but we may have to give up on that one unfortunately. Also, don't forget, Marcus can take any beast in his crew, so he can actually hire the gremlins pigs (although he may have trouble controlling them), so with those 2 boxes you'd have some options in constructing a crew.

Glad you were able to go over some rules with me at Origins, and there will be a whole crew of Demo'ers at Gencon waiting to throw down for a few rounds in the wyrd booth as well.

Good Idea, care to pay for them for me?:)

Wish I could brutha wish I could... But, if you hang around here and enter all the contests, you'll eventually end up with some free stuff! Nathan is great about hooking people up who participate and get involved, so keep your ear open for contests and what nots. Hell, if have good paint fu you may take home real prize, unlike the loser awards I admire so greatly. :cheers:

Glad you were able to go over some rules with me at Origins, and there will be a whole crew of Demo'ers at Gencon waiting to throw down for a few rounds in the wyrd booth as well.

heck you were the who went over them with me:) It was on Thursday midday. I'm sure it's all a blur now:)

Cacuin - by your description of what you like to play, you might actually check out Perdita when she arrives. Speed, denial, surgical strikes, survivability. The Guild looks like it'll fill many niche interests because they cover their opposition's playstyle to a degree.

It'll be good to play with all you girls at GC!