An introduction + Photos of my game room!!! woo!

adampoots

Hello All,

Its a bit silly that i've been a pretty big miniature game fan for nearly 14 years now and I've kept the madness totally between myself and personal friends! Long time lurker and never have I even registered!

Anyway, I figured I'd kick things off right with some photos of my game room. I live in a renovated warehouse space in brooklyn ny. It was HELL to set this place up. In the photos is our 8'x4' game table. It all still has a way to go, more renovations and more terrain to build but hey... its getting there. -_-

The other piece of news i have is that i quit my job! Yes I really did. Full time web developer / graphic designer transformed into... a full time miniature board game producer. Yep. Took my savings and decided to have some fun with it.

Gonna be a horror fantasy game, very inspired by the classic heroquest. I figure we have enough skirmish games to play so I'd go back to the basics! Bitter death at the hands of hoards of horrible monsters and developing player character that rack up psycolgical disorders as quickly as they find gold!

I'll share more about that as I get into it. Still waiting on legal and to get the website up and all that stuff. But anyway... onto the game room pics!

Thanks to everyone way in advance.

game_room_1.jpggame_room_2.jpggame_room_3.jpggame_room_4.jpggame_room_5.jpg

No sir, I do not play piano or the keyboard.

However the lady does! She is also a huge Dr.Who fanatic so that's two nails in the coffin!

The table was custom built. It's really a pretty simple design, I could probably take the measurements and draw a plan up to share. But... you know it still requires BEING built and all that labor n stuff.

It was my birthday gift last year from my roomates, whom very much support my endeavors. I've also dragged them into playing ( yes, even the girls ) so we all get good use from it. The place really needs some cleaning / re-organizing.

The glass cases are $50 from ikea.

Here is a video of the place when we first got it, it was a nightmare!

Here is a video of the place when we first got it, it was a nightmare!

A Nightmare!! Those designer shades were awesome! That green thing very much looks like a shirt press. Also looked like you had some embroidery equipment maybe floating around as well. I hope you tried to get rid of some of that via EBay because some that equipment can be worth a few grand(assuming it worked). That was a huge mess but the place looks huge.

And thanks for the info on the table. I was asking because I plan to build one very similar to it this weekend as a Fathers day gift to myself and was wondering if you used any plans online or just sorta winged it.

we actually kept all the shades and handed them out during our house warming party!

Trying to sell the stuff was what caused the nightmare. I got stuck between a Chinese land lady and a hesidic business man. I was ready to tear my penis off and strangle myself with it.

All of that's behind me now!

I'll take some more photos and do some basic measurements later tonight. Maybe it can help you out!