Your Weird Name at Wyrd

Well, I'm a big fan of Etna (the main character's second in command) from the tactical RPG "Disgaea: Hour of Darkness".

There's a line one of the Prinnies (serial killers' souls sewn into stuffed penguin bodies) throws out at Laharl (The demon "overlord")- "We're not Laharl's vassals, we're Etna's vassals!", to which Laharl replies "Etna's vassals ARE my vassals!".

That exchange stuck with me, so I'm Etna's Vassal now.

It is an amazing game and just as great name, but unfortunately i must rename you Midboss :D

my name, Chocobo's are type of large bird from the final fantasy game, and silver is a good colour

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when i was 20 i went on holiday to spain with the lads. I got drunk day and night for 2 weeks. The day i got back to nottingham England i collapsed. 2 days later i came round in hospital on a drip, pluged in to a machine. I had pancreatitis and was in hospital for 3 weeks. After that my mates called me pancake. The ss is because i have a 28mm ww2 2nd ss army.

Guy Smiley is who I am. It is not my real name but rather my outlook on life. I am not an overly happy person; I hate mornings and the like. However, I am normally smiling because why not. If I am having a bad day I have nothing to lose by trying to make it better. The worst case scenario in most things is that the world will end, but who cares. Depending on your belief system you have other things to deal with if the world does end and I am guessing those won’t be about the guy who cut you off in traffic. So with that in mind there is nothing in life that I can lose at. I might lose in a game of malifaux, but win in the fun I had with someone, as long as I can take something away I can’t really say I lost. I can’t always keep this view going as life sometimes gives me a nice kick in the junk, but like all those shots once you catch your breath and walk it off your fine again. So I try to be Guy Smiley and smile away the day because what have I got to lose.

Trash is short for "Trashman", which was my nickname in high school. There was a discussion about what your superhero name would be, and my outlook was, "Well, I'd be the crabby, grouchy version of Superman. I'd be.. Trashman!"

I had made a T-shirt after that with the "TM" in a superman logo, and so the name stuck.

I used this name for almost everything starting 2008?maybe 09 i forget,i came up with it when i was playing a pc game called Warhammer Online:Age of Reckoning and i play a goblin shaman so i needed an orky kinda name so i picked Grimmark but sometimes i use Zephyr cause my favorite song by Red Hot Chili Peppers is The Zephyr Song and alot of my friends know me by that name.

Well I got my nickname Soupy in college cause me and some friends were talking about comedians in between classes. Somebody brought up Soupy Sales and my brain shut down and my mouth opened up and I was like...gee I wish my name was Soupy. Everybody just stopped talking and stared at me and they never let me live it down. Eventually it grew on me and thats what most people know me as now, some friends don't even know my real name is.

Soupydawg is just a modified version I use for forums and email and the like, or sometimes its Big Soupy Cool or whatever.

My name is from middle school when some kids started calling me "Seabass" because of my middle name "Sebastion". Later on I needed a cool internet name and I remembered "Seabass". Eventually I changed it to "See? Bass!" as a reference to the original Animal Crossing. Unfortunately most places don't allow punctuation in your name, so I just put it as "Seebass".

I started playing in the SCA at 18 as a young Marine. I chose Ciaran, of which Kieran is the Anglicized version. It stuck! I actually answer to it readily in person.

Edited by Ciaran
I left out a WHOLE sentence... a critical one at that!

No more chant your old rhymes about old Robin Hood; His feats I do little admire,

I'll sing the achievements of General Ludd; Now the hero of Nottingham Shire,

Those engines of mischief were sentenced to die; By unanimous vote of the trade

And Ludd who cannot a position defy; Was the grand executioner made

Whether guarded by soldiers along the highway; Or closely secured in a room

He shivers them up by night and by day; And nothing can soften their doom

Shall the whole team of humble no longer oppressed; And shall Ludd sheath his conquering sword

Be his grievance instantly met with redress; Than peace shall be quickly restored

Let the wise and the great lend their aid and advice; Never ere their assistance withdraw

Till full-fashioned work at the old-fashioned price; Is established by custom and law

I haunt the forums as General Ludd for my views on modern technology. As Luddites throughout the ages have demanded, any technology that is to the detriment of humanity is to be sentenced to die...

:viking:

Hehe...

I'm also a Steampunk, dedicated to ending the tyranny of black plastic. Why must the modern world be so ugly?

Yes...so i post as Luddite really as an espression of my views on the modern world, have done on many forums for many years and it just kind of stuck...

• 2 weeks later...

Mainly, it's from the Monster Mash song (see signature below... added it because other people had asked before I responded to this...), which is admittedly goofy and stupid, but then it was covered by The Misfits. Plus, it was a character's name in the Wildcards series by George RR Martin. I used it before as a callsign when I played Battlefield 1942, before changing it to Nasty Butler (on account of I loved Thumb Wars).

Did anyone else play a PC game called Dungeon Keeper back in the day? I used to be an addict. During the course of the game, the player would create a horde of evil gribblies to protect their dank dungeon home from wandering heroes. These monsters would spawn from their specific lair with a randomized name. For whatever reason, two of the random names stuck with me long after Dungeon Keeper faded from memory. Boochof the Bile Demon and Sozoa the Vampire.

Now, I don't possess an affection for vampires. Quite the opposite, in fact. I've had quite enough of pasty face, pretty boy vampires with frosted tips mucking up today's pop culture. That said, the name stuck with me.

Turns out it's also a genus of moth. Who knew?

Mine is one specially chosen for this forum. . .as most of the others I thought of were taken. Mac is the nickname a person with a last name as I have, gets, especially after 20 years in the Military.

So I figured Manic instead of maniac, would make people go "uhhh What"? And the fact that I have Adult ADD (I am not kidding), it just seemed right. . .

I had spent the night fighting all sorts of random crime, shoplifters stealing fresh mandarins to graffiti artists painting the dynamite factory crimson, and my antics had got in the newspaper. Unfortunatly it said 'who is this iron man' which was odd because obviously my suit of futuristic armour is made out of titanium, gold and carbon fiber, but like all things that get the front page of the sun the name stuck, so i am iron man.

i have a few forum names, ironman is one i use more recently, before that it was torn (which looks like tom) and before that is too far into the past to matter.

outlaw star

Hot-Ice Helva

Iceman

Every single version of that is taken, duh

Inspiration! Preying mantis (No good reason why)

icemantis

By random chance, first forum where i tried that name already had a icemantis

so, my lucky number 9, twice (No good reason, again)

And there we go!

This was all like 10 years ago. This is my logic as I remember it.

I was a wierd kid.

I'm a fan of Michael Mmoorcock. When registering for his site I used this name (it being one of his most famous themes ~ Elric of Melnibone). To my surprise nobody had used it. Then, on another forum my user profile broke so I used this name again. Then I just started using it all the time.

On some forums my name is still Delerium (the profile that broke). That name comes from a Yes song.

Once upon a time when the internet was called newspaper, I envisioned an army from a jungle world with a dog theme. Once I got this new-fangled contraption called a Com-Pew-Toor, and I discovered that newspapers had evolved into something called the Internetz, I tried to sign up for a username along the lines of JungleDog. It was taken.

So I added an "m" which is the initial for my first name...

The rest is, as they say, history...

• 5 months later...
I am a gaggle of burrowing warm blooded marsupials.

... and being from the Great Southern Land, you are also - of course - familiar with the old feminist joke?

"Why is an Australian male like a wombat?"

"Because he eats, roots and leaves."

(To appreciate fully, look up 'root' on wikipedia & see what the Australian slang term means.)

(Which will also explain why - when the Canadian team came to the 2000 Olympics here, with their primary sponsor's name proudly displayed above their country's, so that all their garments read: "Roots Canada" - every Aussie that saw them was laughing so hard it hurt! And why offers of over $1000 were made for their sweatshirts.)

:focus:

(Apologies for the threadomancy, but I've just read every entry so far and it seems too good an icebreaker to allow to fade away. I'll go as far as to recommend pinning, please.)

Mine came about when I resurrected the Warhammer Fantasy competition in 1997 at CANCON, Australia's largest tournament. Fantasy hadn't been there for four years, so I basically revived it, building it from scratch to being the largest single event at the tournament within three years.

I used Orc-Talk for a bit of fun in naming the prize categories, so we had War-Boss (Best General), Paint-Boss & Sports-Boss (to name the main ones). When people heard those silly names, they would often ask "So who's boss of the comp?", and "Who's boss?" rapidly became "oozeboss", which in turn often becomes just plain "ooze".

So you don't need to ask me oozeboss, ok?

Edited by oozeboss