Project Pandora

goblyn13

So today I finally got up the courage and desire to build Pandora. I've always liked the mini, but the fact that it was some 4 different pieces, (three spirit streams, the box and pandora body). So I started going over and decided in order to find all the seams i'd use the ol' Dremel and polish the metal, I had never noticed that on the spirits coming out of the box, there are actually multiple screaming faces on the stream (and I wouldn't have seen them if it wasn't for the polishing)

So as i was working on it I thought I'd be cool to use one of the graveyard bases and have the back spirit blowing through the fence of the graveyard.

2726459431_8fda8ab30a.jpg

2726458029_a9c4f4be7f.jpg

2727281272_df6208ecce.jpg

These are the dry fittings (using good ol' poster tack)

In order to make it through the back piece I went ahead and split back spirit in order to fit it through fix that up with a little green stuff.

I like that idea it's always a concious decision I think about when basing.. do I want the scenery on the base purely as a frame or setting or do I want the model to interact a little .. The spirit pasing through the fence is kind of on the interaction side of things and also helps sell the fact that they are spirits .......

good move.

Not the best pics but i don't have a whote lot of luck with photographing white primer

The Base

2743350132_3526f37025.jpg

The box and the two side spirits

2743349638_85c54b9c1d.jpg

2742511293_c2c54bee4b.jpg

The ghost and the fence

2743348362_5f3553c343.jpg

To me it seemed that in order to paint it it would be easier to paint it in parts. also i'd include the Pandora body but I couldn't get a decent photo.