Tabletop setup for Malifaux ... PICTURE HEAVY

Nathan Caroland

Alrighty, so quite a few of you have heard how Eric (Moav) has been busy on a large project, working on this or that that has taken up a lot of his time (and it was a lot of time). Well, I'm going to share with you just what one of our favorite french fellas has been working on.

At GenCon, we'll be demoing Malifaux (I say we, but mainly its going to be Eric and some other volunteers) and I wanted something visually appealing, eye catching and fun ... naturally I want it to drag folks in as well.

To that end, Eric has done the main work in putting together the structures and the overall look of the tabletop and has sent it off to me (which I received and was quite pleased with) and have since then handed off yesterday to another terrain maker here who is going to build the table, terrain and do all the final and finishing touches on it.

I think its going to look really neat.

Anyhow, here are some photos for ya'll, care of Eric (Moav).

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

CHURCH1.jpg

CHURCH2.jpg

CHURCH3.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Thanks a lot Nathan, I really appreciate and as I said in PMs I am glad you like it. I hope you will have a great success at GenCon.

Nathan, don't forget to send me photos of the finished tabletop.

To IP painters : now you understand why I was really busy during IP contest.

Edited by Moavoamoatu

Nice job! Seeing them now, I'm kinda bummed I won't get the chance to do the groundwork for them.

Thanks to all of you.

I was supposed to build the groundwork too but I couldn't because of shipping conditions : it would have been too large to ship and Nathan and I didn't want to cut the tabletop in "tiles".

I know what you mean about shipping- there's a Mutant Chronicles terrain board floating around from show to show in Europe that will never come back to the US because of shipping prices.

Shipping prices but size too. In France we are limited to one meter by one meter and the board is supposed to be 1.20 meter (4 feet).

Shipping prices but size too. In France we are limited to one meter by one meter and the board is supposed to be 1.20 meter (4 feet).

Yep- the only way we could do it would be to put it on a skid and ship it by boat as bulk freight. That's how it got there, actually- it went along with several skids of product for Essen last year. FF and I had briefly talked about building the table, and I would ship it to him from Minnesota, but the deadline was too close for him to do it anything but locally, as he needed it to get to him well before GenCon. It's a shame, because I'd have really loved to have done it, especially now that I've seen what you've made.

• 3 weeks later...

The demo table doesn't represent every facet of Malifaux in the least, just a portion of it that we've done up for demoing - this time about you won't find any cryptic scrawling.

Table is done I understand, going to go in tomorrow and take a look at it and give the big ol' approval and see how the heck I'm going to bring it home. Should be interesting.

I'll take pictures and post it sometime this week.