*Project Log* WH40K Plague Marine Unit

Jabberwocky

I have finally been able (and motivated) to get back to the brush over the past couple of weeks. A friend of mine has recently developed some interest in WH40K and asked me to do a unit of plague marines for his chaos army. Here is a test piece--fairly standard colors, I think, but not bad for tabletop. I did a bit of conversion with the tentacles and have been trying to weather the marine a fair bit without overdoing it. I still have a ways to go cleaning up various areas as well as doing some highlighting and shading. As always, I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Nurglemarine1WIP3.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky

I like him .. introduce a few purples into the flesh and armour and a bit of rust on the metals and armour and your onto a winner.... also his right foot seems to be floating a bit maybe put some sand under there.. for tabletop though looking great and always nice when someone picks a brush back up..bravo....

Here's a quick update. I tried to dirty up this guy without making it look too messy...not sure if I did that. I may go back and trim down some of the rust; I am wondering it is a bit too thick in spots. Any other suggestions?

Nurglemarine1WIP4.jpg

And a couple more chugging along in the pipeline. They still have a bit to go.

Nurglemarine2WIP1.jpg

Nurglemarine3WIP1.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky

Thanks for the props, everyone.

@ Dancecommander--it is a bit of a complicated recipe and I plan on doing a tutorial once I finish the set. But in short, gray primer, based with a 2:1 mixture of RMS pale lichen and aged bone, RMS camoflauge green thinned so that is mostly covers the underlying basecoat, shade with RMS worn olive and olive drab, highlight with camo green/yellowed bone 1:1, then selectively glaze with very thin RMS clear plum.

@FF--glad you are enjoying them. Wyrd is getting some love as well, although I can't show it publicly (hmmm...that doesn't sound quite right....). I have been working on one of the ladies and am planning on having it ready for the Harvest. I have done a conversion that I am quite pleased with and (hopefully) am putting out my best work to date on her.

• 1 month later...

It's been a long time...I have been working on another contest mini ;).

I am definitely at the "this sucks" stage--got a ways to go yet...I had gotten feedback that perhaps I needed to make more "nurgly" so I added a lot more dings. Thoughts? I am afraid it went to messy instead of very weathered.

Nurglemarine5WIP1.jpg

Nurglemarine6WIP1.jpg

• 1 month later...