Gen on Mushrooms

Brushmistress

This is the Hasslefree Gen without alter - I'd had the idea for a very long time to put her on these mushrooms and finally got the nerve to try it out. The pond reeds were made from scratch. Unlike other Hasslfree minis I've done, this one kicked my ass, but all in all I'm happy with how she turned out. The hardest part I think was trying not to wind up with a too garish rainbow mess but still capture all the colors fungi can be. Let me know what you think!

nymphontoadstools.jpg

What a great idea, and the end result is very pretty. The leaves on the cattails turned out great, what did you make those with? I agree with matty about a little more contrast on the skin. I really like how you painted the hair and the strip of water along the edge.

Great! I love all the bright colors! My only very tiny nitpick is her sitting pose.... in the shot from behind, her left cheek isn't resting on the mushroom and it just looks awkward. (Or it looks like she's "letting one go" .. now that would be demonic! ;) )

Nice work! How did you make the flora?

Wow- that's a lot of comments, and I thank everyone for them! ... so here we go:

What room next? - Darkroom, stockroom, broom? That last one's actually not to bad.

I had a really hard time painting her flesh. There were some issues with the consistency of my paint (it was coming off the brush a little grainy), so when I got to a place I thought looked pretty good, I didn't want to push my luck any further. I usually love painting skin, but this one was a bit hellish.

@ Duende- now I can't look at her without giggling a little, but swamp gas has to come from somewhere!

The cat tails were made using jewelers wire & green stuff. I took a small ball of green stuff, ran the wire through while the putty was still pliable and ovalled it out a bit. The leaves are also green stuff, flatted out between my fingers, and then I gently pulled the putty out until it came to a point. They were then laid out over a fat paint brush to get the bend in them until they dried.

Thanks again everyone for their input & comments!