Witch Hunter Demo Group

r2-j1

I've been working on some demo groups to be used at the Wyrd Booth at Gencon this year. I finished the first one, Witch Hunters, up this weekend. So if you'll be there come out and give the a try for your self.

It was an interesting project. I started off doing the Witchling stalkers. At first I tried to paint them Jawa style with brown robes, and orange eyes. I got about half way through, but just wasn't feeling it. So I stripped the and decided to try out dirty white, then added a splash of blue to give them a bit of a magic feel. I liked them much better, and I think it fits the theme of the models pretty well. So i finished off my two characters for the group in a similar fashion.

Over all it was a bit more of a tricky project then I thought it would be at first, but I was worth it in the end I think. They make for a nice group I think.

wh1.jpg

wh2.jpg

wh3.jpg

showphoto.php?photo=2105&ppuser=182

Great colours - for the Witchhuntress you've done that great thing where you've made somebody who wasn't too sure about the sculpt realise how great it is.... Nice one! Will be getting one next time I order more Wyrd minis. Love the Witchling's gun barrel too....

Some really nice work there. I'd been considering them as my second skirmish group for demos and such (already have Lilith and her Brood which I'll play as my faction) and was really hoping to see another take on them. Of course I like the Stalkers (who in their right mind wouldn't) and the girl is fairly nice looking but the guy just bothers me for some reason. Maybe if I just filed off the hat and left him with a bandanna. Eh, we'll see. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Any chance we can get a breakdown on the whites?

I based in a 1:1 mix of VMC Ivory and VMC Medium Grey. I added some P3 Cryx bane Base to the my base color thinned it down well and hit the folds and shadowed areas. I then highlighted starting with my base color and adding more ivory with each layer until I was using pure Ivory.

Some really nice work there. I'd been considering them as my second skirmish group for demos and such (already have Lilith and her Brood which I'll play as my faction) and was really hoping to see another take on them. Of course I like the Stalkers (who in their right mind wouldn't) and the girl is fairly nice looking but the guy just bothers me for some reason. Maybe if I just filed off the hat and left him with a bandanna. Eh, we'll see. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

You're in luck, Lilith and the brood are my next project. They are on my desk right now so look out for those in the not to distant future.

I do agree that Samael is the weak link in the chain model wise. Though I'm kinda the opposite of you, the hat is one of the few things I wouldn't change if I were to redo the model. I dunno I just like his hat. Sonnia is a much nicer model then I think she gets credit for. I think the more painted versions people post the more people might start to realize that. In fact it is this version I spotted on CMON that got me to appreciate the model more. http://www.coolminiornot.com/177861

Edited by r2-j1

Very nicely done. I love seeing Wyrd miniatures finished because there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of them available to view other than whats in the online shop. It was nice to see this group done in a different style and angles because it is probably my least favorite of the skirmish groups and gives me a chance to appreciate it from a different view.

Its funny that you mentioned trying to paint them like Jawas because the first thing I thought when I looked at them was the girl looked like a Jedi with your color choices. I'm still not a big fan of the sculpt of the male character, and believe it or not - I'm not too interested in the stalker models either. I think thats why I'm not a big fan of the set, but I do like what you've done with them. I'd love to see your finished Lilith set if it is done or when it gets done if it isn't already. I just got my Mad Hatter skirmish group and plan to start painting them over the next couple of weeks - I'm pretty excited about it (I couldn't decide whether to go with a Disney's Mad Hatter color scheme of a Joker them (with the painted face and purple suit)....my girlfriend is pushing for the Joker scheme).