Fast Food

EricJ

ok, we all have our weaknesses, admit it! Nathan and I were just chatting about KFC vs. Taco Bell, and I think Taco Bell wins...but the bottom line is that my real weakness is for In 'n Out Burger...they make those things with heavenly ingredients I think!

So if you had to...(I know we're full of health food addicts as noted in the food staples thread), but what place would be your top 3?

Me:

1) In 'n Out

2) Taco Bell

3) Wendys (I can't explain this one...just like them)

We don't have any of those here in Sweden.... When it comes to fast food, I prefer the local pizzeria. Those big frenchise chains generally lacks "soul", I think... it's always the same wherever you go. Local pizza places are a bit hit and miss, but when you find a good one it's better than anything else (fast food wise, of course).

EDIT: Oh, we do have Subway! Yes... but I don't see a subway sandwich as a meal.

In n Out is great, blows all the other burger places out of the water (even received a positive mention in Fast Food Nation, which slammed almost everyone else). They pay the best of any chain for their employees (lowest pay is $10/hour to start), highest standard ingredients, and it just tastes darn good

In n Out

Damn!! Hell of the choice hahaa!

A KFC restaurant had open in Lyon last year but it's the rush hour 24/24 so I cant judge by myself. So I only tried , of course Mc Donalds, Pizza Hutt, Domino Pizza, Burger King....And some other, tipicaly european like Quick.

Well my favorite is Domino, Mc Donalds and maybe the turkish kebab near my working place...

When it comes to burgers, I prefer to make them myself. As I don't eat meat, I'm limited to the veggie stuff or fish burgers, and most places have appallingly bad quality in that area. I do make some pretty mean bean burgers! :D

While I respect you for not eating meat, I really find it hard to fathom....It's almost unheard of around here. I should try it, just for a few days, but I really don't know how I'd make it!

While I respect you for not eating meat, I really find it hard to fathom....It's almost unheard of around here. I should try it, just for a few days, but I really don't know how I'd make it!

You can't just stop eating meat and not change anything else in your diet. You need to find new ways to cook that gives you the nutrition you need and also fills the "hole" of the meat. Of course, still eating fish helps. I'm not sure how long I would be able to be a strict vegetarian (or worse still, vegan). But, since I stopped eating meat I eat a lot more beans, lentils and such and also mushrooms (no, not the psychadelic ones... :P: ).

But, this discussion is heading away from the original topic that was fast food, not health food. ;)

Hmmm... I haven't really done chain fast food as much as I used to. Probably breaks-down like this, these days:

1) Wendy's

2) KFC

3) Taco Bell

Although, I still have fond memories of Sammy's Pizza (does that count for this discussion?), from the few times I was able to go there (living on the other side of the country tends to keep me from going there :( )

How is this related to miniatures again? ;)

I tried going vegetarian for a while. Lost a bit of weight since I had to restructure my cooking and eating habits, but I just like red meat too much to give it up. Probably due to the fact that some members of my family back in Colorado are cattle ranchers (and yes, I worked on the ranch during summers) and red meat is served three times a day.

As for fast food places:

1) If there was an In-n-Out in my town in Nebraska, I'd probably eat there every day. I got to go to an In-n-Out when I was out in California last year and I haven't been able to stomach any other burger stand (such as McDonalds) since. In-n-Out knows how to make a hamburger!

2) Taco Johns (kind of like Taco Bell, but slightly better food)

3) Golden Gate - best Chinese food around.

You can't just stop eating meat and not change anything else in your diet. You need to find new ways to cook that gives you the nutrition you need and also fills the "hole" of the meat. Of course, still eating fish helps. I'm not sure how long I would be able to be a strict vegetarian (or worse still, vegan). But, since I stopped eating meat I eat a lot more beans, lentils and such and also mushrooms (no, not the psychadelic ones... :P: ).

But, this discussion is heading away from the original topic that was fast food, not health food. ;)

Um, I'm sorry, did you just tell me to "fill my meat hole"

How rude!!:party: