Chicago painter

Lastman

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking around Reaper and cmon for awhile so I'm familiar with a lot of folks here.

The subject line is misleading: I'm think I'm destined to be a perpetual student of painting, but that's not so bad because it's fun. Back in the day I thought my skill was at the intermediate level, but then this internet thing happened and put me in my place. Last year I joined a club of historical mini painters and got an even clearer picture of my place in the painting universe. They mainly paint 54mm figures with oils, then put them in museums. Ok, maybe they don't all end up in museums, but they are astonishingly well done. After the initial shock I put my nose to the grindstone and just decided to practice as much as possible and take breaks when it starts to seem like work.

I currently have a crush on the work of Natalia / Alexi_Z.

The bugbears of Ben Siens are some of my favorite Reaper miniatures. They resemble the old Grenadier bugbears in spirit only, but it's like when a sequel or "re-imagining" of a favorite old movie turns out to be great. (like Dawn of the Dead)

I miss the Squats.

Elves are wimpy.

Zombies are cool.

Frazetta Rules!