I guess you could say I'm back...

Jester

Ok, here are seven... yes, SEVEN, newly painted miniatures as I enter into my third week since the surgery.

Space Marine Vet. Sgt. (GW) This was a test coloration on the Raptor coloration I may use. Or may not... but it was down and dirty and worked out fairly well. I have a few things I'll maybe doing for GD Chicago this year (big maybe).

Limited Edition Saint Mark (Dark Age) This is a piece I got from a contest win, and decided to finally paint him up. It was also a piece I used for a Gold NMM test coloration. Pretty happy with the bright yellow look for him... although I'm told he's supposedly a dirty, grungy type of piece... thus "Dark"...

Djinn (Unknown) This piece was a quick 1 hour piece that I grabbed up from my DM's piles of unpainted miniatures. So, it was wham, ala-kazam, a painted Djinn! I left the base undone, as my DM likes to flock himself...

Ashigaru Goblin Leader (Rackham) This piece was just plain FUN!

Undead Lady (Freebooter) Ok, but why does a skeleton have b**bs??? A very wicked piece and all those bows almost makes me long for the buckles. Nah, not really...

High Elf Hero (GW) Well, I believe in having a back-up character for my current one in the Age of Worms adventure. Well, I had this miniature, and the concept came to me, so I painted him up. But he looks way too nice to get manhandled by all the other players... so he's going to be doing something else soon. But I really like the piece, just not the shine that I need to fix with another shot of Dull Coat on the back.

and FINALLY...

Crossbowman Deserter (Rackham) This really was a piece that screamed "PAINT ME" when I saw him. I did not like the clumpy MSP paint that I had to deal with for the greens. Must have been a bad batch, but in the end I got it fixed up enough. This guy will probably be headed to that great auction house in cyberspace at some point soon...

So, I guess I had to pass on Iron Painter III... but maybe next time.

As I sit here and wait for Nathan to release the cast miniatures of the Undertaker, Gravedigger, et al of the new greens we all have been dying to get our hands on, I had to paint something, right???

I guess one could say that I've knocked the rust off just a bit, eh?

Thanks for checking them out.

Yes, my chair time is 30 - 45 minutes if I stretch it. But then I only have to get up and move about 10 minutes to not stiffen up and then I can sit right back down.

Daily I get a little stronger.

And it really is making me a happy man.

VERY happy.

@Skya - Yep... I'm lining up to teach some classes at GenCon and I'll definitely be around there. A group of gamers from the Twin Cities go every year and I've missed out on the last two... NOT this year.

I still feel like I'm shaking the rust off, and I have to watch how long I sit. I have the nerve pain in my leg that lets me know when I've been sitting too long, but as time passes I can sit longer without pain.

Now just what would happen if I slowed down and took my time on a mini??? eh???

Nah! It wouldn't be me know would it?

@FF - Ya think anyone's too disappointed? You can sign me up for the next one, though...

Now just what would happen if I slowed down and took my time on a mini??? eh???

After the final coat of varnish, they would spontaneously spring to life and run about your living room floor having mock battles under the coffee table. Then you would be stuck fixing thier chipped paint.

(yeah, i have the odd thoughts sometimes :D)

@FF - Ya think anyone's too disappointed? You can sign me up for the next one, though...

Geez, IP3 has barely started and already the list for 4 is growing!

:)

@Skya - Yep... I'm lining up to teach some classes at GenCon and I'll definitely be around there. A group of gamers from the Twin Cities go every year and I've missed out on the last two... NOT this year.

Excellent, I am *so* nominating you to take my spot in the Aces of Painting Speed Paint. Someone needs to have a shot at beating Marika and Derek.

I still feel like I'm shaking the rust off, and I have to watch how long I sit. I have the nerve pain in my leg that lets me know when I've been sitting too long, but as time passes I can sit longer without pain.

Heh, you and and me can hobble up and down the stairs at ReaperCon together. I feel for your pain, but I'm glad I wont be the only one bitching about them for once. :)

Heh, you and and me can hobble up and down the stairs at ReaperCon together. I feel for your pain, but I'm glad I wont be the only one bitching about them for once. :)

Arrgh! Don't remind me! I've been trying NOT to think about those damn stairs in the front until I have to deal with them... They are NOT going to be fun!

Besides, I'm going to find some poor sap and get him/her to be my paint monkey/lackey for the duration of the ReaperCon. LOL!

Your stuff is very inspirational! Thanks for sharing. The NMM you did on the leg plating of one of those guys is the exact style I am looking for.

I went back and looked.. it is the crossbowman.. Who makes him? That is an awesome mini.

Your stuff is very inspirational! Thanks for sharing. The NMM you did on the leg plating of one of those guys is the exact style I am looking for.

I went back and looked.. it is the crossbowman.. Who makes him? That is an awesome mini.

The Crossbowman is from Rackham.