Wazabi

cdukino

I just painted up Rackham's Wazabi. Man I love goblins they are starting to become as much a favorite of mine as dwarves.

I painted her up for a competition tomorrow in Belgium (Painting Crusade in Berchem it's not a competitive competition as such as all figures get judged on their own and not against eachother (though there are parts where people do compete like in best of Rackham)).

Could be that there will be pictures taken and all that and I'm not gonna find out before the Wyrd deadline has past. So i might as well show her here now.

I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

Wazabi.jpg

I just came back from the competition. The quality of the doberman (that's experienced painters who won competitions before... and the category I signed up for (the other was chiwawa, or the never won comps and newcommers category) was very high. Great work. I'm happy that I won gold for Wazabi in the system where every figure got judged on their own worth, by a golden demon (and the likes) winning jury of 4, regardless of the others. But what was even more cool... i won gold in best of rackham (which only had one bronze, one silver and one gold to give away) :) I got nice kitchy looking throphies (which are fun) to show for it. And another fun thing. There were quite a few winners but I ended up being the only woman being called on stage. Wouldn't suprice me if I was one of the only girls even entering. Well (plenty of) pictures were taken so I will likley get my face posted on the website with wazabi.

Pretty scary to see your own miniature photographed and posted huge on the beamer on the back wall as they did calling the winners;)

Congratulations on another win (and so modest, too)!

I think we are looking at the old "irresistible force versus immovable object" paradox in IP3.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to stop you and EricJ from competing against each other in IP3 before the world is destroyed by my previously predicted singularity! ;)