Finally Found My Way To Wyrd

Jester

Well, most people who have met/know me... well, they know I'm weird. THAT goes without saying...

Now, I've found my way to the Wyrd Forums, and posted up my first miniature of their line: Seamus, the Mad Hatter. When I first got him I couldn't wait to post him.

I'm looking forward to viewing new works by other artists and I do see some names of some old friends as well around here.

Glad to have finally dropped by...

OH, and that AVATAR picture... yah, that is me. With my respirator on in the airbrush studio at my house. I thought it quite fitting for here.

Robert "Jester" Cruse

I first started painting Gundams, tanks, planes and other various model kits about 5 years ago... it wasn't until a modeling friend of mine in Chicago had me come for a visit, and took me to Games Plus... the rest, as they say, is history.

I still do the occassional model, but I do prime all my minis with the airbrush. You can't beat the airbrush for a smooth coat, and it allows you to prime with whatever paint you need. Generally since it is so thin coated, I double prime... first black and then a light grey or off-white.

But I do keep busy... that's for sure. I've got three kids I take care of by day, and then paint minis by night.

Hi Jester! Welcome to Wyrd!

Gundams! I have a pile of those somewhere. My trouble with that is my most fun I had was in building them, but after I was done, I lost interest. End up standing on a shelf gathering dust.

I remember your stuff from CMON as jesterspeed. Well done, I wish I could paint as cleanly.

Hope you like it here and come back often. Everybody's nice if a bit wyrd and eccentric... and with a proclivity towards potty humor among the menfolk. :D

:wavey:

Kids will most certainly keep you busy - my three murder me on a daily basis and, despite my repeated hollering, see me as an endless ATM.

BTW Anders, whatever happened to that tutorial on Viktoria, that ever get published or even remotely going to be?

Well, I don't know... the scheduled release has been pushed forward and pushed forward. The last time I looked their site said December 06, but that obviously didn't happen. :rolleyes:

@ Supervike - the hands down best hobby store in the Twin Cities for gamers is The Source Comics and Games. They've got a TON of stuff. If you ever get a chance to check them out, I recommend you do so... http://www.sourcecandg.com/ is their website with the address, hours and telephone number.

Now for the REALLY unfortunate news.

It turns out the lump I have on my back is being caused by a spinal fluid leak just below the area I had surgery on. So it's back to the hospital and another round of back surgery for me on Wednesday to repair the leak.

That means it'll be another 4 - 6 weeks of recovery time without painting for me. At the least... hopefully not another 10 weeks as it has been before I started painting again this last time.

However, I'm grateful to have started painting, and to realize just how much I missed the hobby. I will return, you can count on that... just going to have to shake off the rust AGAIN! Urgh...

Wish me luck!

Robert