NEWS: Ilyad Champion Green

They're expensive, £6 or £7 per human figure, sometimes more. The resin paints easily though and allows for very thin weapon blades and excellent detail. My 'giant babies' are from Illyad, sadly I've taken the photo too close and so it just shows my bad painting rather than the greatness of the figures. You'll have to take my word for it that they're detailed :D

There's one here, taken from further away.....

Giant Baby

He's almost excellent, but there's a few things that annoy me. The axes aren't great, and why do barbarians sport such finely wrought filligree on their armour?? Too fancy for this brute if you ask me. Why do sculptors feel the need to cover EVERY surface of a mini in elaborate detail? This one would definitely have been far superior with less 'bling'.

Bloody filligree. Should be banned on minis. Pointless detail that just spoils what would have been nice areas to paint. File it off!!!

... and why do barbarians sport such finely wrought filligree on their armour?? Too fancy for this brute if you ask me.

But he's the barbarian CHAMPION, which means he looted the armor from the paladin he probably just beat the crap out of. Hence the fancy filligree. ;)

Personally, I like him, just not those earring-looking things, they don't go with his outfit.

:thumb: