What Music do you listen to?

What music do you listen to over and over and that just does it for you?

Right now I'm really big into Gwen Stefani, love her voice, but she has one of those timeless looks, I like watching her as much as listening to her! I'm bumbed that she's not with No Doubt anymore, but atleast she is still singing!

The Dresden Dolls, which Mr. FF actually turned me onto when he pointed me to a link for Coin Operated Boy. That is a GREAT video which you can see free on their website, but I really like the music. I've gone out and bought the albums.

Black Eyed Peas! I love all their songs, EXCEPT for Humps. That song just is wrong. Don't Funk with my Heart is a great one though. I thought the female singer was black for the longest time until I actually saw a video. She is very pretty but I never would have expected her not to be black.

Skakira. Her music speaks to me and she has a voice to die for that hits levels that just get you listening! She has a distinct look too, very pretty.

Ricky Martin, his latest stuff. He's hot, plain ol' hot, eat his pants off him hot, OMG I just need a picture hot. Yup, cuttie isn't he! Great music too.

D4L - Laffy Taffy! That's just too funny, I caught a fifty year old woman singing it the other day, obviously she has kids! I laughed and laughed, but it is catchy as hell.

Sean Paul. I might not understand everything he says, but I like the sound of it!

I'll listen to pretty much anything short of rap and R&B ( well actually I have some good rap that I listen to, way better then the MTV sh*t).

Latly I' been looking arounf for french "nouvelle scene' ( don't think there is an english term for that kind of musique, but most of the groups aren't that well known). For the names if you want to look into it: Mano Solo, les ogres de barback, un air 2 famille, Yves Jamait, ect.

And I'v been redescoering rock. Couple of bands out there that I hadn't heard before but that are quit good. The subways, My chemical Romance, Simple plan ( not as rock as the other two but still pretty good).

Like Sakura a lot of Classical music though no Opera for me.

A helluva lot of Harpist music like Andreas Vollenweider and, more recently, Rüdiger Oppermann. Then there are the musicals: Cats, Starlight Express, Phantom of the Opera. Followed by (Irish) Stepdance: Riverdance and/or Michael Flatley.

And finally the great "classic" Rock sounds from when I sneaked into our Village disco's: Pinkfloyd, Manfred Mann, Deep Purple, Mylene Farmer, ... as well as a lot other.

For painting though I discovered recently the joy of Audiobooks, though I am currently listening a BBC radioplay by Francis Durbridge (made in the '50s or '60s I think :bump: )

Mostly Electronic Body Music (EBM):

Front 242, Klinik, Nitzer Ebb etc...

and its offspring, Futurepop:

VNV Nation, Covenant ...

plus Electro-Industrial:

Hocico, Wumpscut, Winterkälte for example

One of my recent favorites is Fixmer/McCarthy. Mindblasting electro stuff from a techno dj and the former singer of Nitzer Ebb. :blowup:

I also like some old-style gothic rock (Sisters of Mercy, bauhaus, Fields of the Nephilim) and some synthiepop (Depeche Mode, Joy Division)

I am really all over the place, a lot of names from Anders list, and from Lauth's list. I also have rap/R&B, although I tend toward older stuff, 80's-90's, with just a very select little from what being released today.

My favorite artist is Tom Waits which I can pretty much put on anytime and be happy.

Sadly I'm looked at as the resident 'old fogeey' when I'm at work because I honestly would rather listen to 70's 80's music than anything else. Very little that comes out today that really catches my interest, though there are some good ones out there.

Favorites would be Steppin' Wolf, CCR, Rush, Steve Miller Band, Devo, Men at Work ... etc.

Some of my favorites that AREN'T 80's bands are Ramstein, Tool and Social Distortion (well, I guess they were part of the 80's for a bit.) and some choice Eminem - heh, I know, sad isn't it. I just love that song 'One Shot Two Shot'.

You got it I'll listen to it.

I inherited my dad's record collection and eclecticism.

I'll listen to anything from songs of the bullfights, to Alpine Yodeling, to Latin Mass on African drums (yes those were all types of music my dad had albums of).

I'm rather fond of blue grass of late but I'm sure that will pass.

Oh, that doesn't really answer the original question, does it.

What do I listen to over and over again?

The Who are good for me anytime.

Johnny Cash will always get my feet tapping too.

I don't repeat much though.

Too much to list.

Easier to say what I get a reflexive urge to vomit to when I hear it:

R&B. *skin crawls*

'Bad ass' rap/hip hop. Especially if it involves fat arses and gold chains.

In fact anyone that considers themselves 'Urban'. They'd be even more 'Urban' if they were buried under 10ft of concrete :D

Country. Bloody hillbillies.

And anything sung by a vocalist who insists on putting in notes where they aren't supposed to be. i.e. "Cray-ee-ee-yay-ee-ee-yay-ee-yayg Daaaaaaaaa-vee-ee-eeeeed"

*Draws gun from holster*

:AR15firin

Interpol is a band I will listen to again and again...Same with Queensryche.

Yay, Queensryche! A band I was so into at one point I even have their logo tattooed on me somewhere. :fing02:

But now I obsess about larclogo.jpg

along with the GUY in my signature. :motz:

And other than that, my collection has everything from Enya and Delerium to NIN and Manson. No Country or Rap though, those don't really appeal to me. :irked:

I have a very large selection of music, and I listen to a bunch of bands no one's ever heard of. I can't really describe the music except that it all has a "fantasy" feel to it, since it varies widely. So I'll just list the band names in no particular order.

Nightwish

Medeval Babaes

Heather Alexander

Blind Guardian

Rhapsody

Kamelot

Angra

Iced Earth

Lacuna Coil

Evanescence

Dream Theatre

They Might Be Giants

The Black Mages

The Trans Siberian Orchestra

Cecilia Eng

Leslie Fish

Lorien

Styx

Dave Matthew's Band

Demons and Wizards

The Black Mages

Sisters of Mercy

E Nomine

Enya

Lorena McKennit

Incubus

Sting

Live

Sonata Arctica

Therion

Luca Turilli

Hammerfall

Songs ripped from pretty much every RPG game or series in existance, including but not limited to: Final Fantasy, Neverwinter Nights, Soul Reaver, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Warcraft, Castlevania, and Zelda.

I've heard of these :) :

Nightwish (saw in concert, great talent)

Blind Guardian

Rhapsody (do you know what drugs they take to make those kitchy videos :P?)

Kamelot

Angra

Evanescence (saw in concert, the first parts were better (Hoobastank and Seether))

Enya

Sting

Sonata Arctica (saw in concert as the first part of Nightwish, great viking metal :))

Therion

Luca Turilli

What kind of music.... mostly rock and metal. I'm all over the place regarding the degree of "heavyness". Example....

Ayreon

Kamelot

Dokken

Hammerfall

Coal Chamber

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

Ramones

Rebellion

Finntroll

Sentenced

Shakra

Six Feet Under

And then there are bands that don't really fit into that rock scheme. Example:

Tom Jones

War

MC Hammer

Blues Brothers

And Bands I shouldn't even know, considering my age :D For example I sometimes listen to Men without Hats or Huey Lewis and the News.

I like stories and so I like most metal/rock operas. There are some great ones out there - even more examples:

The Emerald Sword Saga (Rhapsody)

Shakespeare's Macbeth (Rebellion)

The Human Equation (Ayreon)

The Puppet Master (King Diamond)

Into the electric Castle (Ayreon)

Aina (Aina)

I also like "experimental" or "different" music.

King Diamond

System of a Down

Or "funny" songs.

Tenacious D

Eric Idle

Dr Demento

Well.... I think you basically get the point. There's a lot more on my playlist though ;)