Waldo's Weekly - Black Friday and Birthday Event 2022 Details

Kyle

WW_11.9.2022_SocialMedia (1).jpg

This week, Waldo helped us get into the wintery spirit by stealing a snow machine. He’s been cackling with glee for hours, creating snow banks and filling the air with flurries. While we break out the shovels and wait for Waldo to come back inside, let’s take a look at the upcoming Black Friday and Birthday Event!

If you’re unfamiliar with our annual Black Friday Event (and the anniversary of our birthday!), we at Wyrd like to spend this time of year offering some of our limited, hard-to-find, and exclusive miniatures.

This year is no different. We’ve got a ton available this time around, so rather than wait around any longer, let’s see some of what’s coming next Wednesday, the 23rd.

Walking Fortress

Those of you interested in this year’s Nightmare Box featuring Lord Galehault, our alt Charles Hoffman will be excited to see some reinforcements. The Walking Fortress box includes three Juggernauts, who act as Riotbreakers.

WW_10.16.2022_WalkingFortress_Box.jpg

You’ll be able to get the Walking Fortress box for $40 during the Black Friday and Birthday Event. The Nightmare Hoffman box will be available during this annual event, too!

Something wickedly festive has emerged from the Bayou! Fir-ocious (alt Grootslang) is a preassembled arboreal terror that hunts by luring prey in with the shining star on its head. Luckily, he’ll be yours for free after spending $75!

WW_11.16.2022_Fir-ocious-Art.jpg

Snow Much Mayhem Waldo

WW_11.16.2022_SnowMuchMayhem-Art.jpg

Waldo returns with another fashionable holiday look! This 50mm preassembled Snow Much Mayhem acts as a special terrain piece compatible with both Malifaux and The Other Side for those looking to add some festive rules to your games.

WW_11.16.2022_SnowMuchMayhem-Card.jpg

Want to nab yourself this year’s Waldo? Just spend $100 or more during the Black Friday Event to receive the Snow Much Mayhem Waldo for free! Missed out on a snazzy impish addition to your collection? Waldos from years past will be available for purchase.

2022_BF-Event_Bonus_Promo.jpg

(click to enlarge)

After the first $100 spent, for each additional $100, you’ll receive one of these limited alternate sculpts of your choice (while supplies last, of course):

• Ulric Volkov (alt Guild Steward)

• Winona Finnigan (alt Winston Finnigan)

• Miss Tique (alt Carlos Vasquez)

• Miss Hapen (alt Jaakuna Ubume)

• Rotten Harvest Iggy

• Alt Rafkin

• Miss Anne Thrope- Alt Ruffian

• Alt Showgirl

• Alt Spit Hog

• Alt Firestarter

• Alt Perdita

• Miss Fire - Alt Willie

• Alt Francisco

• He-Kome - Alt Shikome

• Miss Guided - Alt Fuhatsu

• Emeline Bellerose - Alt Madam Sybelle

• Dr. Dufresne - Alt McMourning

• Alt Barbaros

• Miss Deed - Alt Taelor

• Alt Kaeris

• Alt Bishop

• Alt Swine Cursed

• Alt Titania

• Miss Ery - Alt Teddy

• Miss Feasance - Alt Seamus

• Witches and Woes: Rotten Harvest Baby Kade and Candy

• Alt Samantha Thrace

• Alt Binh Nguyen

You’ll be able to purchase these alts individually (while supplies last).

More to Come

We’ll have some other surprises and goodies available too. While we aren’t going to reveal everything right now, here are two sneak peeks:

WW_11.16.2022_Malifaux.jpg

• Madness in Malifaux Book

• Ravencroft Core Box

• Forward and Back

• Untold Tales

• Survival of the Fittest

• Scrapyard

• GG3 Pack (includes February 2022 errata cards)

WW_11.16.2022_BoardGames.jpg

• Vagrantsong DC Plushie (and three exclusive Junk Cards)

• Vagrantsong Fox Sisters Séance Scenario

• Vagrantsong Bonus Scenario

• Bayou Bash: Hog Wild expansion

Our annual Black Friday and Birthday Event begins midday on Wednesday, November 23rd, and ends when the sun goes down on Tuesday, December 5th.

If you want to be first to know the full details on what’ll be available, sign up for our newsletter (just scroll down to the bottom of the wyrd-games.net main page) and keep an eye out for it next week.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, SpannerRider said:

So many fun new models and old favorites, though I am holding out hope that this isn't the full list of rare models to hit the online shop come the Wyrd Birthday Celebration, which we should all clearly be calling it instead of Black Friday henceforth.

Pretty sure last year that wasn't the full list. I vaguely recall TTB Hannah and Silent Knight Killjoy being available last year but not being featured on the big list as they could only be purchased, not added as one of your extras.

Oh boy am I going to have a lot to pick up.  Somehow they knew I was just finishing up a Lucius and Anya list for Ulric/Winona.

So are all the alts available during these sales?  Or is it a rotating cycle of which ones you can get?  The sheer number of alts at this point is pretty staggering.

Hypothetically, say there was an idiot last year whose name starts with "B" and ends with "Y" who forgot to buy the alt tanuki when it showed up last time.  How screwed are they?

4 hours ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

Oh boy am I going to have a lot to pick up.  Somehow they knew I was just finishing up a Lucius and Anya list for Ulric/Winona.

So are all the alts available during these sales?  Or is it a rotating cycle of which ones you can get?  The sheer number of alts at this point is pretty staggering.

Hypothetically, say there was an idiot last year whose name starts with "B" and ends with "Y" who forgot to buy the alt tanuki when it showed up last time.  How screwed are they?

Assuming they have the stock, it's usually all of the alts. They don't rotate for any reason other than availability from what I've seen. 

So, not so screwed I'm guessing?

Typically the main things that don't show up are the 1E special editions (basically anything metal other than Silent Knight, Miss Sterious and Francisca Ortega), the Evil Baby Orphanage sculpts and I can't recall if I've seen the Christmas Rasputina in any recent Black Friday sales (or the previous years Waldos for that matter)

On 11/19/2022 at 2:06 AM, surly said:

How likely is it that some of the old Nightmare boxes will be for sale? Looking at you, Malifaux 1988 box ...

Very, very, very likely.  The first Rotten Harvest may not, those were truly limited, but almost all of the Nightmare stuff is almost always there.  Christmas Rasputina hasn't been in forever, but the rest of the Nightmares are almost always there.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:06 AM, surly said:

How likely is it that some of the old Nightmare boxes will be for sale? Looking at you, Malifaux 1988 box ...

Apart from making me feel old ( malifaux 1988 is a recent nightmare box isn't it?) In general I think they are happy to sell what ever they still have stock of.  I can't remember which have ever sold out, but possibly Tara and the wild ones in standard plastic, and probably all the metal nightmare boxes.