Graveyard board

SteampunkCake

Howdy folks,

I am looking to put together a set of terrain and I need some advice.
I have the Sigmarite Mausoleum set from GW (2 garden of Moor basically) which is lots of small crypts a couple statues and lots of fences. I also have some of the old GW trees.

What other terrain should I get to add to this to make a decent graveyard board? 
Cheers!

Clouds of spooky mist (cotton wool on a base) can be a good thing to block lines of sight without just obstructing every travel lane with mausoleums and fences.

The pauper's pit reanimating- a patch of ground with grasping hands bursting out of the soil (Hazardous: Staggered), maybe Destructible individual hands?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd have to check what i use for my graveyard board, I've 3 garden of mornes, but certainly don't use it all all the time. I think you can get away with just the 2 sets  but you probably need a little more thought into where you place line of sight blocking walls, and the doors in them to not make it too easy to shoot on. 

I do often use the base plates for the buildings as separate sections of severe terrain, and have the building standing loose. 

The other thing the set is missing is dense terrain so things which block los bur not movement,  so the mist patches suggested above are a good idea, as can be trees  

I often try and set two walled sections on the diagonal across the middle line of the table,  with ways to get through each walled section and a way through between them, to try and separate the sections where corrupted idols would drop so models can't easily control multiple of those areas. ( I think I actually think of the M2E turf war locations when I set it up , but if you don't know M2e, the corrupted idol drop locations on the center line is a reasonable approximation. ) add buildings and statues to break up  lines of sight and complicate walking routes . ( doing it on a diagonal somehow seems to make it harder to move bubble crews together, probably because they encounter the walls at different times, which makes the game feel more 'natural '. )

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

If you can make a couple of good looking corpse markers, it can be fun to have some of them scattered on a table :D Definitely gives an edge to players of crews with corpse marker mechanics but hey, crews are picked after deployment, and it can be lovely and thematic. 

10 hours ago, Azahul said:

If you can make a couple of good looking corpse markers, it can be fun to have some of them scattered on a table :D Definitely gives an edge to players of crews with corpse marker mechanics but hey, crews are picked after deployment, and it can be lovely and thematic. 

I play exclusively Ressers so I will always have the advantage 😆