UK Nationals 2022

Clousseau

We now have a number of sponsors on board, with more to follow. This means we have items for the raffles, plus swag support.

So many thanks to:

• Wyrd
  • Wayland Games
  • The Army Painter
  • Rampage Games
  • Deep Cut Studio

There is still time to buy your ticket, but to guarantee max. swag you'll need your ticket by the end of September.

• Thanks 2

As we've hit 90 players and with only 8 weeks to go, I'll be posting a bit more about the event.

As this is a premium event all models must be painted. 

Proxies and conversions for not yet released sculpts must reflect the intended model, and be agreed with me in advance. Note that this includes the new Title Masters, i.e. you cannot count the old sculpt as the new title, though you may convert of course.

If you want to add in theme models to Nightmare crews please contact me.

Finally, there will be awards for the best painted crews.

• Like 1

Best board. If you are interested in entering a board/table for this I need to know by 17th October to plan space at the venue - and order a trophy!

Best costume. Just a reminder that there will be a competition for the best dressed 'cosplay' on Saturday morning. So arrive as your favourite character!

Tickets

We now have 100 players, and as I need to now start spending the money, there will no longer be any refunds if you cannot attend.

There will be 106 spaces, so there is still an opportunity to buy tickets.

Crews

Just a reminder that all models must be fully painted and fixed to bases. New title Masters must be appropriately represented by either the official model or a suitable proxy/conversion (that should be approved by the TO in advance). This also applies to any non-available or non-released model. If in doubt ask!

Madness of Malifaux

New characters from this book will be allowed if their official details are freely available 2 weeks before the event. You MUST have a physical card for each one (to allow free information share as not everyone uses the app), and suitable proxies must be used.

Awards

There will be awards for the following;

• 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/Last Places
  • Best In Faction
  • Polden (clogs) award for mid-table mediocrity/most draws
  • Best Overseas Player
  • Best Fixed Leader (register on the day)
  • Best Painted Crew – gold/silver/bronze awards (Sunday lunchtime)
  • Best Table (please let me know if you are entering)
  • Best Dressed (cosplay, judged after round 2)

Bar

The bar will operate from around lunchtime to just before the end of the last game each day. Drinks will include beer, lager, cider & WKD plus soft drinks.

Cafe

Due to the minimum spend requirements of the venue, food and hot drinks will not be available.

Food outlets are within a short drive, and I will add a map of them to the venue details page.

Sponsors

I am chasing a couple of sponsors so look for some new announcements shortly.

There will be a charity raffle on Sunday for a select number of items, the remainder being given away by tombola on the Saturday. I am working on ways to ensure everyone gets something.

Friday Set Up

I will be at the venue from around 2pm and would appreciate some help to organise the venue and set up 50 tables of terrain, etc. Details to follow.

I will be booking a table at a local pub if anyone would like to join me.

Saturday Meal

I shall be looking for a suitable local venue for a meal and announce separately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

With less than 3 weeks to go things are mostly in hand. Items for the goodie bags have been ordered, and we have 2 new sponsors on board. KR Cases will be providing some bases and a backpack, whilst Sarissa Precision as providing some gift vouchers.

With the delay to the new book Madness of Malifaux, models from this will not be allowed at this event, with the exception of Witness keyword which was released at Gencon.

Event set up will take place between 2pm and approx 7pm on the Friday. Anyone available to help sort out tables, unload the van and set out terrain will be most welcome, but please contact me so I can let you know specific details.

Don't forget that there is also a prize for the best-dressed player on the Saturday, so get your cosplay skills in play. I always enjoy seeing what people turn up as!

Finally, there will be a category of "Fixed Leader" for those wanting a challenge, and this will have a specific trophy. Sign up for this at registration.

• Thanks 1

Tables

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks reviewing over 45 tables of terrain to ensure that they meet the highest standards for this premier event, and also the requirements of GG3 as much as possible. In addition, based on feedback from previous events, I have added templates where there are smoke/steam clouds for more accurate gameplay.

Crews

Just another reminder that all models must be fully painted (min. 3 colours) and fixed to bases. New title Masters must be appropriately represented by either the official model or a suitable proxy/conversion (that should be approved by the TO in advance). This also applies to any non-available or non-released model. If in doubt ask!

Nightmare models may represent either Master Title, but not both. Therefore if you are running a Nightmare crew and want to use both titles then you will need to create a proxy for the second title. My proxy of Rollins, Tomb Delver is here https://uk-nationals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/2022-05-12-17.37.24.jpg as a reference.

Goodies and Raffle Prizes

I'm nervously waiting for the swag and remaining raffle prizes to arrive. Everything is on schedule at the moment, but it's always a stressful time until they are all here.

Saturday Evening

I've found what looks like a very nice Indian restaurant in Newark where we can have our own room. I will make a separate post about this shortly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Clousseau said:

You can access the round scores and overall results here: https://bag-o-tools.web.app/event-admin/qQpXce3qMqmk01ZKfXAv

Actually, the link for the folks not being an admin: https://bag-o-tools.web.app/event/qQpXce3qMqmk01ZKfXAv :D

Thanks once again @Clousseau for the amazing event! 

And thanks to all the opponents I had a pleasure to play with, you guys are an awesome bunch! Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Saekhor said:

Jakob Lynch 2
Jakob Lynch 1
Jakob Lynch 2
Jakob Lynch 2
Jakob Lynch 2
Jakob Lynch 2
Jakob Lynch 2

I'm here to outdo Radek's level of boringness. #Finch

I call this consistency!