@Adranwhile I agree resource management is a good part of the game, I think it can be a bit too extreme.

• Forgotten - even with card draw, the discard mechanic is just not worth it. Play OOKs & versatiles.
  • Experimental - a nurse and a rogue necromancy, and you already need to discard 3 cards per turn to get full value, even before you start counting the TNs for flasks, ride with me, etc. Just play OOKs & versatiles to get around this issue.
  • Reva - super card hungry crew. Just play OOKs & versatiles (but not Carrion Emissary because its TN is too high...)

At the moment, I think there is too much of an incentive for these crews to just skip the keyword to get around the resource management issue, rather than actually just manage resources.

Guild Mage and Yannic are good examples of how this problem can be 'fixed', although I think they're a bit too powerful.

EDIT: Talking about the original titles, if that wasn't clear. Molly and McMourning titles both add new ways around the discard issues, while Reva adds a bunch of resourceless movement and damage/heals from burning which brings the crew together.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

EDIT: Talking about the original titles, if that wasn't clear. Molly and McMourning titles both add new ways around the discard issues, while Reva adds a bunch of resourceless movement and damage/heals from burning which brings the crew together.

This suggests that Wyrd is well aware of the problem and trying to fix it in the long run.  

Card draw is like an obvious solution but using it everywhere will make crews look all the same. If you slap it on a strong versatile it will become an auto-include in most crew...

• Like 1

@Maniacal_cackle I agree, I play two complete factions, and dabble in another 2 and by far ressers are hurting for the most cards when played in keyword.  

We already lose defense/willpower duels because of low stats, our hand gets depleted from target numbers, and then when we are attacking, hopefully our focus pulses make it so we can beat or match their defensive stats and get around the first negative. This only works on 2 attacks now that focus has a cap.

While I absolutely love love love the distracted focus change, ressers certainly lost a crazy amount of power with the change. It was a delicate balance of getting more ap back via focus on your crew, but if you can’t front load it, the straight up card draw to cheat is certainly better. I truly think this faction is the hardest to balance. Having a low defenses faction is hard, it’s just hard watch things elsewhere to have higher defenses, armor, AND enough card draw to cheat defensively, offensively, on damage, and be able to cheat some target numbers.  Hard to wound is fantastic, and I love it, but not getting hit because high stats is usually better.

Also PSA: stone for a negative to damage, especially on already tanky things. This is way better than stoning for prevention on models with swigy damage (2/4/5 or 2/4/6 or 2/3/6 and things that have crit strike), not only can you prevent damage after if you need to, you also prevent more than a stone would have in most cases. The moderate to weak is the same as stoning and getting a moderate flip, it basically gives you a better statistical average, and you can save cards to hit back. I’ve watched quite a few recorded/live games, and it kills me every time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SEV said:

This suggests that Wyrd is well aware of the problem and trying to fix it in the long run.  

Card draw is like an obvious solution but using it everywhere will make crews look all the same. If you slap it on a strong versatile it will become an auto-include in most crew...

Yeah, totally agree card draw is boring. Although hand pressure is a critical part of the game so it is worth tackling it. And as you say, new design shows that they're really considering this stuff....

So I hope the Resser starter box considers this too 😜

2 hours ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

Also PSA: stone for a negative to damage, especially on already tanky things. This is way better than stoning for prevention on models with swigy damage (2/4/5 or 2/4/6 or 2/3/6 and things that have crit strike), not only can you prevent damage after if you need to, you also prevent more than a stone would have in most cases. The moderate to weak is the same as stoning and getting a moderate flip, it basically gives you a better statistical average, and you can save cards to hit back. I’ve watched quite a few recorded/live games, and it kills me every time. 

This is generally correct, but not always.

For instance, sometimes I will think to myself "well, I want my opponent to have to cheat the damage flip, he can have the straight flip" for example. Depends on what is going on in terms of hand strength.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

This is generally correct, but not always.

For instance, sometimes I will think to myself "well, I want my opponent to have to cheat the damage flip, he can have the straight flip" for example. Depends on what is going on in terms of hand strength.

Yup. Cheating Fate changes a lot of the math.

If the choices are a likely min3 (need to take into account the possibility of not flipping any weaks on negatives, or getting the RJ), or taking 6, minus a likely 2 (statistical average for a prevent flip is ~1.8, I think), but at the cost of a severe out of an opponent's hand, unless it's going to lead to the imminent death of that model, I'll take the latter most of the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For resser starter idc what the hench and enforcer is. I just want two 3 stone iron zombies with the transmortis keyword. Something that can be summoned in place of a Mindless. Can be treated as a scrap marker instead of a corpse like a normal zombie and has armor 1 h2w lol

With that said the hench and enforcer should be redchapel and tormented. The whole box could share zombie and as a unifying keyword. As for any other details tbh I just want my unique cheap chaff summon for shtook lol.