Rainbow Tongue Painting (Nudelpullover's miniature showcase)

Nudelpullover

Welcome, everyone!

I got back into the a hobby about 3 years ago (after having played Warhammer for a few years in my teens). I just loved the aesthetics and lore of Malifaux and after a nudge by my friend and a playmate to  start, i soon had my first few Crews.

I fell back in love with miniature painting. So i thought i'd start a little thread to showcase my STUFF 😜

Have fun...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 5:02 AM, Nudelpullover said:

Close-up for Hodgepodge

Dont mind the weird triple-vision thing, must be all the gremlin moonshine...

Hodge Podge.jpg

Love it! The painting is amazing and the life the base give to the model itself... wonderful job!

On 1/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, sockwithaticket said:

Kudos on the smaller details of the face. Eyes and lipstick on such fine models is always a challenge to me.

7 hours ago, Chou said:

Love it! The painting is amazing and the life the base give to the model itself... wonderful job!

Thanks so much!

Painting those small details is one of my favourite things, it maybe doesnt have as much impact as the overall composition and technique, but it just completes the figure and brings it all together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that the contest is over, i wanted to post my entry with some extra shots (or without cropping i should say). Put alot of work into this one, also tried some new stuff, like the wet shirt effect on the boy.

Hope you like it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg

Edited by Nudelpullover
File size
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

Here's my entry for the "City Nights 2022" painting contest, with some additional pictures:

"Into the Lion's Den

"

4.thumb.jpg.e15254f23dd4e30b4669213f7e3015f5.jpg5.thumb.jpg.cc8a9cd27c8a8884f5ebbe50e8ea21ac.jpg6.thumb.jpg.a8e475f25869590598858dc2083af4ff.jpg1.thumb.jpg.0beef0a0313cbef2b103ff5b11615fd6.jpg2.thumb.jpg.09f26cf62d5f0a220606610c8ad35ce0.jpg3.thumb.jpg.0988187f36c92f67f8b03fbb3bac7215.jpg

Loved the challenge of the theme and widening my painting boundaries. Could've pushed the contrast a lot more though and maybe work on my colors for the next one (looking at you @Mupz, strong colors on your piece).

Also, thanks for all the nice comments in the gallery. Thinking about the story behind my dioramas is alot of the joy for me and i'm more than happy that came through.

Thanks to everyone that voted for me.

• Like 7

Thanks for the shoutout.

It's a bit of a shame that the last image in your post wasn't uploaded to the competition. As soon as you bump the contrast just a little bit and show the shadows, then I think your work is quite fantastic. The initial image sadly doesn't quite show the entire dark-to-light range that the piece is capable of, and I figure you might even have snagged the 1st price if this was the case. It is quite stellar work.

12 hours ago, Nudelpullover said:

Here's my entry for the "City Nights 2022" painting contest, with some additional pictures:

"Into the Lion's Den

"

4.thumb.jpg.e15254f23dd4e30b4669213f7e3015f5.jpg5.thumb.jpg.cc8a9cd27c8a8884f5ebbe50e8ea21ac.jpg6.thumb.jpg.a8e475f25869590598858dc2083af4ff.jpg1.thumb.jpg.0beef0a0313cbef2b103ff5b11615fd6.jpg2.thumb.jpg.09f26cf62d5f0a220606610c8ad35ce0.jpg3.thumb.jpg.0988187f36c92f67f8b03fbb3bac7215.jpg

Loved the challenge of the theme and widening my painting boundaries. Could've pushed the contrast a lot more though and maybe work on my colors for the next one (looking at you @Mupz, strong colors on your piece).

Also, thanks for all the nice comments in the gallery. Thinking about the story behind my dioramas is alot of the joy for me and i'm more than happy that came through.

Thanks to everyone that voted for me.

I LOVED this one! So spooky! Great job!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mupz said:

Thanks for the shoutout.

It's a bit of a shame that the last image in your post wasn't uploaded to the competition. As soon as you bump the contrast just a little bit and show the shadows, then I think your work is quite fantastic. The initial image sadly doesn't quite show the entire dark-to-light range that the piece is capable of, and I figure you might even have snagged the 1st price if this was the case. It is quite stellar work.

Yeah thought the same thing. Maybe also shows i could've worked on the composition a bit more.

Thanks for the compliment 😜

5 hours ago, Lillian H said:

I LOVED this one! So spooky! Great job!

Thank you so much! Great fluorescent Snail on your part too.

• 2 weeks later...