Mysterious Emissary. When do you use our biggest tree guy?

Regelridderen

Always 🤣

Seriously.

Ok fine, I shouldn't (@Maniacal_cackle keep telling us it's an overrated model 😜).

Emissary is amazing in GG2 thoug because it fits most strats. It thrive in  centre fight (especially if he can camp in severe). 

He's especially good in Leyline (bit will be situationally good in break the line and turf). He will not contribute much in symbols but I will still hire him if the scheme pool is good.

He's great at claim jump. He can help a lot with research mission, assassinate and let them bleed. Be careful since he can be a good vendetta target for your oponent.

Special mention to him + a 3cc dude (mostly Gorar, primordial magic or wicked doll) in Martyrs since he's hard to take down.

Finally terrain will impact my choice of taking it or not. On a board full of forest (or with other huge patch of severe), it's hard to pass on it... on a board with few severe terrain I'll still take it if bot the scheme pool and the strat is favorable.

• Like 1

To add to what Sev said...

Basically it is a 2 AP, 10 stone beater. So you need to make sure you're really maximising value:

• Very few walk actions (Or you're getting extra walk ap with like Zoraida)
  • Landing those blasts (either via triggers or via having opponents on minus flips due to severe).

So any pool where claiming the centre will reliably help win the game, he's probably a good pick. That just happens to be a huge number of GG2 pools xD

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

I’m not really impressed with a 10 Stone beater with 2/3/4 damage track, though. Compared to Teddy or Nephilim.

I was thinking, maybe he has synergy with Lucius - handing out Staggered to disrupt and give Reid/Investigators bonus damage. Or Pandora with pings and pushes. 

The big thing is within severe terrain, the opponent is on a minus.

Which then leads to more blasts and more severe hazardous terrain on the board.

It is also super tanky!

I never tried my Lucius grasping tentacles exploit list but it is on my to do and sounds promising. 
so far I mainly play Emmi with Hinamatsu or zoraida (friendly matchups with 2 Waldgeist, groot and Emmi >that’s a whole lot of severe markers to blast..) And I would definitely do so with Titania. Also the new Marcus alpha really does the trick with Emmi. 

Emissary is great in pools that you know where the fighting is going to be and that it doesn't need to cross the table.

He is stapled to Titania1. There will be amble severe for him to regen from and she also slides it under opposing models so they'll be at negs to resist his attack. Further Into Thorns combos with the Hazardous he makes, giving Titania a 4/6/7 damage track.

Z1 gets a ton of work of him. Funneling AP through him when his target is on negs to resist is beyond efficient and can also break the symmetry of her bonus by never giving them the opportunity to cheat. Z1 brings WW frequently too and she drops, not creates, Webs so they can go under the feet of an opposing model, setting up the Emissary to massacre.

Dora2 loves the Hazardous he makes and the staggered. Her aura means Misery pings are also pushes, combine with Hazardous for 1+1 damage when conditions are gained, this includes her own attack which becomes effective min 3 vs models without stunned. Summon in a Lyssa and when the Emi Spreads It Around the model will take the Misery ping then get pushed through severe, making it a Mind.

Barkus has a 4" severe aura so anything near him is on negs to resist and his melee pushes 2" so Hazardous combos with his attack.

Those are the most prominent synergies, imo. Mysterious is probably the best Emissary, but he's not for every pool/opponent. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thanks @Roadhouse for the summary.

Pandora is my favorite master - and I’m so looking forward to Tyrant-torn. While my next crew will be the Mama Z, so it sounds like the Emissary will find decent work - even if it means, I’ll have to get some Lyssa 😩

I was thinking about Dreamer and the spiders as well… but suddenly that’s a 25 stone chunk to set up two attacks, which would be less than impressive.