do you have to have the appropriate card

Mr Oogie Boogie

Question

4 answers to this question

A whiskey golem card is an appropriate card for the Nightmare Whiskey Golem.  As said, what you need is the right rules. Many of my models are the First edition metals, so they don't have the right picture on the card, and that is perfectly fine. 

At my local club i would be more than happy with print outs, the App or a physical card from my opponent, (or a combination of all thre in the same crew.). Generally we are good at knowign if we have models that have been erratad and play with the correct edition, but I'm not opposed to playing with pre errata'd versions if my opponent would prefer, either because what they are trying doesn't work with the errata, or they are a new player and didn't know about the errata and would rather play the rules they know. I just let them know there is an errata for future reference

The Wyrd tournement rules (gaining ground) say that you must have the official rules for the most recent card, but that this does not have to be the errata'd card, it could be a print out or the app. 

Do note that Wyrd provides official PDFs of the cards (a Drop Box folder) linked to from: https://www.wyrd-games.net/resources

The cards are listed by faction, and under the “Special Edition Cards” folder for bayou is https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wicc6rs8kg46bt7/AADX9VhF4ZjSt395ZgWCf8G0a/Malifaux Third Edition/Bayou/Special Edition Cards/M3E_Bay_Tri-Chi_WhiskeyGolem_ALT.pdf?dl=0 the Nightmare Whiskey Golem card.  Or you can order it from the print on demand service (easier depending on where you live).