Lucius, dishonorable - what’s his deal

extremor

• 2 weeks later...

To me the essential questions are:

1. what does Cavatica bring to Newcius and/or Lucius?

2. What does Klaus bring to Newcius and/or Lucius?

3. Do Newcius, Cavatica and Klaus support the Investigators and how can they be played in future games?

4. how do we deal with the more offensive marker shenanigans?

can‘t wait to test Newcius!!!

17 minutes ago, extremor said:

To me the essential questions are:

1. what does Cavatica bring to Newcius and/or Lucius?

2. What does Klaus bring to Newcius and/or Lucius?

3. Do Newcius, Cavatica and Klaus support the Investigators and how can they be played in future games?

4. how do we deal with the more offensive marker shenanigans?

can‘t wait to test Newcius!!!

1. Cavatica's Called Out action works well with both versions of Lucius, either giving Following Order's chains, pulling people out of position with Down The Wrong Path or allowing some decent attacks from your crew. Newcius is a fan of staggered being thrown out. Unstable form works pretty well with the new grim package (getting shielded to boost the others). I don't imagine he will be a lynchpin, but definitely an interesting piece to add.

2. Nothing hugely synergistic apart from a bit of staggered for Newcius, but he adds a lot of hand disruption, utility and situational power through his Infiltrator ability and Pocketful of Personalities trigger. As an aside, I quite like the Grim package into Newcius, the suit-giving scheme marker can give the Redcaps quite a punch, the Grim models (perhaps with Cavatica) act as a little tanky-ish bubble while Newcius and Agent 46 jump around murder any problems.

3. More scheme markers being dropped can help with the Investigator's abilities, the added staggered helps with the damage, Interrogate adds to Klaus's discard gameplan. Could be more useful, depends if you have points available.

4. Seems tough to be honest, but I guess pulling enemies out of position could hinder any awful offensive marker set ups?

New Lucius looks like one of the most interesting new titles!

• Like 1

Continuing off of Mindbadger, after my first game with new Lucius (I have probably 5 games of old Lucius in gg2)
1. Cavatica has play in both, but to get the most out of Unstable Form, I think he'd be best in old Lucius. New Lucius can go do his own thing while your crew takes care of business, I personally didn't get a lot of chances where I was generating attacks where the plus would be beneficial. With lawyers I was always obeying to interact. His Called Out action works for not just melee but guns also, so I think that would be great for old Lucius with his Hidden Sniper ability when there isn't a melee option available, or someone like Alan Reid who has good ranged attacks.

2. Klaus specifically does a few things. Incessant Questioning feels like it's directly pointed towards Alan Reid and/or the investigators. Ranged staggered with some damage is amazing, but then it also has the trigger to move your 0" melee models into place to actually hit stuff, especially if they're already engaged. Also his Information Exchange can be copied by the changelings to turn weaks into severes for an AP.

3. While my game didn't play out this way, I can definitely see new Lucius popping over to stagger stuff for the investigators, use the bonus, and then go about his business. Planning Ahead can give you suits so thats also great for investigators. Cavatica can boost their hit probability and can stagger at range.

4. Investigators can eat certain markers, but I'm assuming you are talking about the terrain markers. Dorian Crowe can remove 1 marker per turn but thats not always enough. I think the best we've got now is probably some of the alt masters. Swamp Hag might be your best bet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Played my first game with Lucius 2 last night. Very cinematic when he secret passaged with stagger trigger and then one shot (with red joker) an opponent rat king then passaged away again. Didn't get to use the built in suit from his marker as my opponent kept removing it. Second game tonight I'll let you know how it goes. I still have to paint up Reid and a false witness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

Played my first game with Lucius 2 last night. Very cinematic when he secret passaged with stagger trigger and then one shot (with red joker) an opponent rat king then passaged away again. Didn't get to use the built in suit from his marker as my opponent kept removing it. Second game tonight I'll let you know how it goes. I still have to paint up Reid and a false witness.

Were they having to expend resources to do this (AP? hand for a bonus action?), or was it something else?

Cause I figure if it's costing them something, that's at least a minor advantage your way.

• 2 months later...