Guild titles and especulation

belorey

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, trikk said:

So now that the titles for Guild are out, I wanted to ask:
What are your impression about them?

Which ones do you like the most? Which ones you don't and why? :) 

For me, I really like Lucius, Hoffman, Perdita, and Lady J.

I'm lukewarm on Sonnia, Nellie, and Dashel.

I don't particularly like Basse.

I love that Perdita now summons Pistoleros with a Grow mechanic.  It means that you can take the named Family members like you were probably doing anyway, but still get use out of the Minions that were more difficult to include before.  The fact that you can combo that with a Death Marshal Recruiter for infinite Replace nonsense just appeals to my soul.

I think what Lady J loses in outright murder potential, she makes up for in enabling the Pine box nonsense (and I do like shenanigans).

Lucius is now the sneaky murderer we all knew him to be, and looks a lot more straightforward than the enabler he used to be, which is great for my tiny brain.

And Hoffman is just thematically very cool now.  Robo-suits are the best.

Sonnia, Nellie and Dashel will all play very differently from their original forms.  Nellie looks like she might be thoroughly unpleasant to face though, and Sonnia could have really used a new Enforcer or Witchling Minion to tie together the weaker elements of her Keyword (Seriously Wyrd, why is Sonnia the only new Title without a new Keyword model?).  Dashel just looks like he'll chomp through the enemy and allowing Executioners to use Soulstones is hilarious, but other than that, he doesn't really do anything that gets me excited.

And Basse...

He just isn't different enough.  Even his pose is very similar.  The TN-increasing aura is nice, so he'll be a solid pick against Summoners, but other than that, he doesn't really make any of the weaker models in his Keyword (Crockett, Frontiersman, Raptors) see more use, doesn't do any more damage (he does have a slightly longer range though) unless you're applying the conditions first, so you're trading a potential three Shotgun attacks to the face for two, slightly-boosted, attacks instead.  He just feels lackluster to me.  His new Enforcer, on the other hand, is superb.

• Thanks 1

New Lady J and Perdita are clearly at the top of my list. 

Marshal in m3e made me sad, lots of great models for tech in other keywords, but horrible in keyword synergy, on top of that I find the old justice rather boring. 

The new one makes most of her models work. The biggest problem I've found is dodging the tables people flip at me when I Bury their master for the third turn in a row. 

I like old perdita, but she was under the curve and her keyword was missing that last piece to click. 

They click with new perdita. I love that all her models now have a place (even if nino's place is a wobbly two-and-a-half legged chair). 

These two are above the rest for me, as they are masters I like, but had trouble liking on the table. 

The new Lucius seems great. Any model that can solo a point of spread them out is great in my book. Plus he might finally get the investigators to work.

Hoffman, Dashel and Basse seems more of a sidegrade than an upgrade, but still interesting. 

Sonia and Nellie i don't play and don't play, so I don't really have an opinion on them. Sonia does seem disgusting with her no ignore pyre markers though.