Bayou Errata

Thatguy

25 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

In Kin and Wizz-bang Sammy draws 3-6 cards each turn. It's possible to achieve something close to that result ook shooting her with bayou gremlins, but it will also need a lot of healing to keep her alive.

That's true, Sammy probably isn't as good OoK or when not taken with Bokors for Draw and Glowy into Deja Vu. But I think drawing 1-3 cards a turn for 8ss is pretty good investment even if it's not 3-6 good. 

For me, the utility of a fast model with guarented suits for Glimpse the Void that can hit units at range is hard to pass up in any crew that can get even a moderate amount of utility from her draw. I haven't managed to use Sammy with Criers in a game yet to make resisting bestbut I want to. 

Given that Big Hat is going to be more reliant on hiring Big Hat models, it may not be worth the 8ss investment any more.

Sorry it's took so long to actually post. 

Short Batrep:

Corner Deployment

Pool was Turf War and Bait and Switch, Claim Jump, Death Beds, Spread them Out, Vendetta.

Game ended 7 (3 strat 2 Death Beds 2 Claim Jump) to 4 (2strat, 2 Death Bed, 0 Vendetta)

I took:

Som'er 

Lenny

G&O

Gluttony

2 Good Ol'Boys

Spit Hog

I agonized quite a bit any this list. I almost dropped stuff for a Silurid or Two to run flanks or dropped a Good Ol'Boy for a Banjoista and more stones. Banjoista would have been nice for survivability and mobility and with a Silurid or two it could have been an interesting Distracted based list. I think I might give that a go sometime I don't have to bring Gluttony for marker removal. Ultimately I wanted more offense if I wanted to try to win a brawl in the center 

The game went very different than the last one. I definitely had much better luck. I don't think I ever had a turn without two severes in my initial draw and managed to pick up the Red Joker from an Expendable draw turn two. Over the course of the game I summoned three Good Ol'Boys a Skeeter and a Bayou Gremlin.

Biggest Take Aways:

With the loss of defensive Bayou Two Card, it's hard to justify Summoning anything but a Good Ol'Boy. Unless your hand is really full for Intimidating Authority on Criers, Good Ol'Boys are the best defensive summon and the best offensive one. The + twists Good Ol'Boys have in top of Hard Too Wound and self heals mean they don't need as much support defensively. In this game my opponent still managed to chew through 4 of them. 

Som'er himself also plays very different and some of the most recent changes sort of buffed him. With less focus Squeal is better. Most models can only swing at Somer once a turn, before he runs away. Getting attacked with a single unfocused hit hurts way less than a focused one. The Errata on "another" letting Somer take a Pig Eating Grin shot is also big. The Puncture trigger is good, really good, on a model with SS usage making Somer a better PEG choice than G&O sometimes. I managed to cap Kang out of activation with a ++ from Puncture. The fact that Som'er is playing less of a defensive support piece means, I felt better about using him agressively like the old Rambo Somer. He's super stone hungry though. Playing Somer means you'll probably want a stone every turn to fix your hand, a stone every turn to guarantee Summoning, and at least a stone a turn each on both damage prevention and puncture triggers, so just bring 20 stones and he'll be happy. Lol 

The lack of good inside the keyword scheme runners still hurts, exacerbated by summoning changes. But, it seems, picking Big Hat is more about the map than the Strategy. Big Hat can still do spread out stuff pretty well, if the center is open and there are good lanes for Lenny to Toss models down. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Grimm Riggins said:

Curious if they errata’d the errata or if my app did not fully load the new card. The changes to PEG and MMPB are there on Som’er, but B2C did not change. The card has the April 2021 Errata stamp.

There's a known issue that the new card fronts for the erratas don't always load. The current recommendation is to reinstall the app or delete + reload the cards (I reinstalled)