Ressers in Love Is a Battlefield (February Vassal Series).

Maniacal_cackle

The lists are up!

Mine:

• Molly & Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Archie
  • Philip and the Nanny
  • Night Terror
  • Crooligan

This leaves me with lots of lodestone options if Colette keeps burying my carriers. Rogue necromancy was easy enough to fit since the keyword is so darn efficient. Lots of people hate P&N, but honestly I take them even without OOK restrictions for leylines. They're really good for it IMO.

I don't normally take a Night Terror, so will see how this goes... Normally that slot would be a crooligan, but I need the Terror for a few things.

His list:

• Colette w/ magical training & Doves
  • Carlos Vasquez
  • Cassandra Felton
  • Coryphee Duet
  • Soulstone Miner
    • Magical Training
  • Mannequin
  • Mannequin

Not at all what I was expecting, but I guess if choosing between Rider and Miner, I can see the argument for Miner... I wonder if I can abuse the combo he hopes to do there (throwing his lodestone willy nilly with buries).

3 minutes ago, IronmanKC81 said:

Explorers win again... Its awesome to play against the same stuff over and over and over and over with nearly zero chance of winning. Really makes you want to play the game. 

What masters was it? And sorry to hear, they're quite popular at the moment! I faced two English Ivans in a row at one point.

So looks like we have a few ressers at 1-1-0, but no one at 2-0-0 atm. Let's get some wins this last round!

What are people thinking? There is a lot of severe terrain and the buildings stop placement. Unimpeded (Rider, Reva) and Incorporeal seem very good here. However, 50mm bases can't always walk into the buildings, so gotta watch out for those.

Kirai seems perfect (but I won't be playing her because I suck with her xD). Yan Lo also offers a lot with in-keyword Toshiro, and Leave Your Mark gives you a way to camp the centre. Faction dependent, though.

... Like the rest of this month, I'll probably just play Molly 😜 

9 minutes ago, dannydb said:

im going with kirai with 2 shikome and jakuna and look to summon a drowned and be like hay come fight be in this cactus/riptide/jakuna aura if you like

Nice :D

Just careful with the shikome and make sure you walk them on the ground instead of trying to fly into the buildings! Watch for blocked doors.

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Nice :D

Just careful with the shikome and make sure you walk them on the ground instead of trying to fly into the buildings! Watch for blocked doors.

yer it is definatly something to be careful of but yer between them and 3 jumping points for lost love i should have enough movement for symbols

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

You must destroy him to show that Resser Daw is best Daw!

I'm looking at the matchup...I think I'm gonna need to paly it differently than I normally would.  Lots of high MV in Infamous + Concealing which really hampers my jam :(

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Davos said:

I'm looking at the matchup...I think I'm gonna need to paly it differently than I normally would.  Lots of high MV in Infamous + Concealing which really hampers my jam :(

Also watch out for that free loot action! If you go for Leave Your Mark, you may have to stand on your markers to protect them.

Possibly best to skip scheme markers against Zipp.

• Agree 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:49 PM, IronmanKC81 said:

Explorers win again... Its awesome to play against the same stuff over and over and over and over with nearly zero chance of winning. Really makes you want to play the game. 

Yeah, Explorers, at least a few of them, can really seem overtuned at the moment. Some of it is just not knowing how to play against them yet, but I'd argue that some are overkill and need to be nerfed. Sadly, I doubt we'll see any nerfing for at least 6+ months as they are new. It does amaze me how some of them made it out of playtest as they are. Ivan being one of those, though Cadmus is also right up there. 

Try your best to not let it get you down and look for help in how to counter them. Or look for some non-tourney games so you can look for people not playing ES and just have fun for a few games. 

• Agree 3

The lists:

Mine:

• Molly & Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Archie
  • Philip & The Nanny
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan

I went for the strong scheming package as you generally need to do for symbols, but also took a strong fighting force since the scenario looks very brawl-y (centre schemes, assassinate, vendetta, etc).

His:

• Mah Tuckett with inferiority complex, plus The Little Lass
  • Sparks LeBlanc
  • Mechanized Porkchop
  • Soulstone Miner
  • Bushwhacker
    • Two gremlins in a ghillie suit
  • Trixiebelle
  • Gracie

So he has got a fair bit of armor 2, which is always bad news for Ressers, but I'm glad I'm playing Molly at least. His initial plan was to go trap heavy, but that didn't work against Molly of course. He also has a couple free loot actions, but not so many that the scheme is non-viable. I'm not sure I can easily vendetta any of those targets, but maybe I'll come up with something. I can see a path to completing all the schemes.

Will have to figure out what he is up to!

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Are the train track severe? If so, wouldn't the top right be better for you and jam them up a bit?

Bottom left seems to be funneled into a few choke points. I know the crooligans can bounce, but why jam up the rest of your crew?

But I'm awful at deployment, so what do I know?

The train tracks are severe.

So my thinking is that he is going to have to track through all of that to get into my deployment zone to pickup symbols. I think I'd rather have a bit of a harder time getting out of my deployment zone for two models (rogue Necro, Philip & the nanny) in exchange for him having a harder time getting in to loot the place.

Just have to watch for tricks with the soulstone miner 😜