Explorer Society inconsistencies

trikk

Question

So I realized both the Botanist and Ullr have the Trapping Jaws action resisted by Df. Clockwork traps have a Trapping Jaws action resisted by Mv 

Alpinist has the same Tin Feast as Mechanized Porkchop but 1 heals fir flat 2 and second one for 1/2/4

Is this a mixup or intentional :(?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, trikk said:

Sure. I just think a unifying errata could be a good solution. Right now the abilities and actions arent super popular so it's not an issue but unification was one of m3e selling points 

Oh, I assume they have already errata-ed it in the app release at a guess. Just a question if the cards and book got the error?

All speculating of course.

Just for the record, you're also currently speculating whether there's actually an error at all at the moment.  That's an easy enough question to answer, if it's not covered by play testing NDA, but impossible to answer otherwise.  The book includes play testing credits (although not with forum aliases), so the issue's entirely "Can the question be answered?"

Aside from that, if the issue is that it's confusing and counter to the unification trend to have the two actions with the same name and different effects, the simpler thing to do would be to change the name of the divergent action.  That eliminates the confusion without potentially changing the effectiveness of the model.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, solkan said:

Just for the record, you're also currently speculating whether there's actually an error at all at the moment.  That's an easy enough question to answer, if it's not covered by play testing NDA, but impossible to answer otherwise.  The book includes play testing credits (although not with forum aliases), so the issue's entirely "Can the question be answered?"

Aside from that, if the issue is that it's confusing and counter to the unification trend to have the two actions with the same name and different effects, the simpler thing to do would be to change the name of the divergent action.  That eliminates the confusion without potentially changing the effectiveness of the model.

You can either change the old models, change the new ones or just change the names. All are fine with me. I just would like to avoid confusion :)

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 12/14/2020 at 3:26 AM, Beeray said:

Modified Welder on Dr. Beebe is a melee attack action with a damage track, while it's a ranged attack on Union Miner that gives burning+1.

I'm going to guess this was a naming mistake - Beebe's action is the same as the Steamfitter's "Welding Torch" melee action (minus the triggers and power token mechanic). So should have been named "Welding Torch" rather than "Modified Welder".