Interesting fact - Seamus is the only Resser master without a damaging willpower attack.

Maybe something like:

• Front of card: Terror of Malifaux - whenever Seamus kills a model, all enemies within LOS of the killed model gain a trauma token.
  • Back of card: Psychological warfare - target takes irreducible damage equal to the number of trauma tokens it has (wp attack). (To a maximum of... 3?)
  • Adjust rest of card to suit.

Or something to do with stacking trauma tokens and using a wp attack called psychological warfare xD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Maybe something like:

• Front of card: Terror of Malifaux - whenever Seamus kills a model, all enemies within LOS of the killed model gain a trauma token.
  • Back of card: Psychological warfare - target takes irreducible damage equal to the number of trauma tokens it has (wp attack). (To a maximum of... 3?)
  • Adjust rest of card to suit.

Or something to do with stacking trauma tokens and using a wp attack called psychological warfare xD

need to give him +not only for duel, but for dmg fleep too, when engaged by redchapel model

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graf said:

Not saying anything about power or playability.... But at least it shows that Wyrd missed a few points to make the crew coherent from a design perspective.

I don't think the problem is coherency, the crew seem to have a good focus and a nice theme; the problem is playability/powerlevel.

Even if Seamus cannot directly damage someone with a Wp attack, attacking him with a :-flip to the terrifying duel will be very hard for most models, he could heal very easily with his non-damaging Wp attack (which may also trigger a mele attack from himself in some particular scenarios) and all those :-flip to Wp make easy to direct models towards him to trigger his "Why Hello, Love", into other models to activate "Redchapel Killer" or into a position where he can gun them down more easily. Plus all the Distracted plus Focused removal and Unexpected Ferocity.

The problem is that instead of the above is more effective and easy to play to just load up the crew with self-suficient powerhouses, a Focused engine and the emissary to set up the double shot + teleport point.

3 hours ago, Graf said:

Not saying anything about power or playability.... But at least it shows that Wyrd missed a few points to make the crew coherent from a design perspective.

I remember fairly late in the beta they were still hammering out what the crew should do. Like "laying in wait" and staggering friendly models to gain pass tokens..

4 hours ago, Ogid said:

I don't think the problem is coherency, the crew seem to have a good focus and a nice theme; the problem is playability/powerlevel.

Even if Seamus cannot directly damage someone with a Wp attack, attacking him with a :-flip to the terrifying duel will be very hard for most models, he could heal very easily with his non-damaging Wp attack (which may also trigger a mele attack from himself in some particular scenarios) and all those :-flip to Wp make easy to direct models towards him to trigger his "Why Hello, Love", into other models to activate "Redchapel Killer" or into a position where he can gun them down more easily. Plus all the Distracted plus Focused removal and Unexpected Ferocity.

The problem is that instead of the above is more effective and easy to play to just load up the crew with self-suficient powerhouses, a Focused engine and the emissary to set up the double shot + teleport point.

the problem is that all his keyword is garbage, master dont need them; and need to give him 7 stat on shot and+ to dmg fleep from radchappel killer; maybe it will be better

5 hours ago, Ogid said:

I think these all work better in theory than in practice.

If the enemy model is attacking you and Scarlet Temptation is a factor, they'll either just kill the model they're engaged with or move out of engagement. So it isn't that relevant for terrifying (other than having to make them play around it a bit). For luring into contact with Seamus, that's some pretty precise positioning requirements (Seamus has to be within charge distance for the model, a very dangerous place for him to be, and the Belle has to be positioned perfectly in line with Seamus so the lure moves into him.

Which would be fine on say McMourning, Yan Lo, or Jack Daw - they are reasonably durable and can survive wading into enemy territory. But Seamus is meant to cat and mouse with his kit, which just doesn't synergise as well as it could with all this stuff.

Which doesn't really say anything useful, other than what we already know. Seamus doesn't synergise as well as he could with his crew, so he is one of our two (three?) versatile and OOK masters.

5 hours ago, Ogid said:

Nice that you've written my answer yourself already ^^". All the stuff you've described before is nice to have, but rather limited, and I'm not even one to throw every model of the crew into the bin. If the crew cannot carry lists, then there are problems and it's not the versatiles, as they don't get taken always and in every crew. Useable for friendly games, and I guess that's the most important part for the health of a game, but there is nothing wrong with pointing out issues in competitive games. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Plaag said:

and need to give him 7 stat on shot and+ to dmg fleep from radchappel killer; maybe it will be better

Lol, remove also the once per activation from the gun while you are it XD. Seriusly tho, that change to Redchappel killer could be good to give the keyword models some play, but the stat 7 with how safe he can be and his mobility is just bananas.

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I think these all work better in theory than in practice.

Yep, that was like the entire point of my post...

2 hours ago, Graf said:

If the crew cannot carry lists, then there are problems and it's not the versatiles, as they don't get taken always and in every crew. Useable for friendly games, and I guess that's the most important part for the health of a game, but there is nothing wrong with pointing out issues in competitive games. 

Nothing wrong with it tbh, I'm the first one asking for a bit of love for underwelming crews/models and playing fun, thematic and UP crews in more casual games / versus players with few models that I wouldn't pick ever in more serious games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I would like to see a shockwave targeting WP and handing out distracted maybe on a new model, that way the clumps of models would get way more dangerous and then sybelle hands out the rams in an aura instead of her other bonus action, then unexpected ferocity would get used and actually useful...

And I think it's themey that Seamus does his own thing while his belles do other things...

• Agree 1