Ressers community pool 4: Wedge Recover Evidence!

Which master would you take into this pool?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

I'd lean towards Vincent (though I've only played against Anna). Anna/Vincent will have an evidence token, so you want to be a bit back from the action. Anna's auras have to be right up in the action.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I looked over the stuff once again and I saw that the Dashel Crew doesn't necessarily have a lot of wounds/armor and Dashel himself only has 10 Wounds. Maybe I can try to go for Dashel if the opportunity shows. I don't think there is any healing that can go to Dashel in his keyword.

1 hour ago, Daysleeper said:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I looked over the stuff once again and I saw that the Dashel Crew doesn't necessarily have a lot of wounds/armor and Dashel himself only has 10 Wounds. Maybe I can try to go for Dashel if the opportunity shows. I don't think there is any healing that can go to Dashel in his keyword.

Guild Steward is pretty common with a Dashel crew, so they may have some healing there. Queeg can kinda do it on a melee trigger. Targeting Dashel is still a good idea. 

• Thanks 1

I was actually thinking of taking this list into this set up.  It has the ability to threaten vendetta, research, and spread them out.  Valley Girl can be an amazing delivery system to murder a model and then have an undergraduate by your side in to pick up the strategy marker.  What is the collective opinion of the graveyard here? 

Field Trip (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Prof. Von Schtook
Totem(s):
  Research Assistant
Hires:
  The Valedictorian
    Grave Spirit's Touch
  Anna Lovelace
  Undergraduate
  Undergraduate 2
  Necropunk
  Bone Pile
References:
  Academic Zeal
  New Student
  Student of Viscera
  Student of Sinew
  Student of Steel
  Undergraduate
  Necropunk
  Mindless Zombie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlos896 said:

I was actually thinking of taking this list into this set up.  It has the ability to threaten vendetta, research, and spread them out.  Valley Girl can be an amazing delivery system to murder a model and then have an undergraduate by your side in to pick up the strategy marker.  What is the collective opinion of the graveyard here? 

Field Trip (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Prof. Von Schtook
Totem(s):
  Research Assistant
Hires:
  The Valedictorian
    Grave Spirit's Touch
  Anna Lovelace
  Undergraduate
  Undergraduate 2
  Necropunk
  Bone Pile
References:
  Academic Zeal
  New Student
  Student of Viscera
  Student of Sinew
  Student of Steel
  Undergraduate
  Necropunk
  Mindless Zombie

Pretty solid! VS seems good here. Why the bone pile, though?

7 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Pretty solid! VS seems good here. Why the bone pile, though?

Good Swiss army knife to do some spot healing, condition removal, ruthless, removal of corpse markers if need be on my side of the table. Also could late game arrive on the other side by unburying via a corpse. Other thought would be a student of steel if I suspected armor spam 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sagrit said:

In my opinion Bone Pile doen't fit. Von Schtook remove conditions like a pro and also turns Corpse markers to friendly Scheme markers.

Anna can remove corpses too. About the only thing the Pile brings is a slight heal and the ability to pop up far down field with the right set up. I'd suggest another student or Undergrad instead, but sometimes its just fun to play with different models too. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, I played this pool last weekend and used the following list:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Kirai Ankoku
    The Whisper
Totem(s):
  Ikiryo
Hires:
  Datsue Ba
  Lost Love
  Vincent St. Clair
  Jaakuna
  Onryo
  Seishin 
  Seishin

--> I picked Vendetta (Onryo on Sergeant) and take prisoner (guild patrol)

My opponent played Dashel

Size: 50 - Pool: 0

Leader:
 Dashel Barker
Totem(s):
 The Dispatcher
Hires:
  Executioner
Guard Patrol
Guard Patrol
Guild Hound
Guild Hound
Mounted Guard
Sergeant
Rifleman
Rifleman

--> he picked Vendetta (Executioner on Vincent) and Spread them out

We called the game at the end of the third round after it stood 4:0 for me. We both agreed at that point that I would win this pretty easily as all he had left was 1 half dead summoned Sergeant and the two Rifleman which where out of position to be of much use.

All in all the Crew worked realy well for me but my Opponent made a lot of mistakes and bad choices and so I dont think it was the best benchmark.
Biggest problems for him where not bringing any stones and hoping to get enough from corpses (he got two - but then Dashel dyed so couldn't use them for much), a generally less than ideal Crew and the biggest mistake was that he thought the "drop it" Trigger on Dashel, Sergeant, Mounted Guard and the two rifleman meant he could force me to drop HIS scheme markers thus easily scoring "Spread them out". Also he put the counters for "Recover Evidence" on Vincent, Jakuuna, Lost Love, Onryo and Datsue Ba ... all (except Datsu Ba) not exactly the models do push into his crew and deliver the Strat Markers.

Afterwards we had a long discussion what went wrong because he also only summoned once in the 3 turns and didn't realy see the value in it.

MVP for me was definitely Ikiryo which late in turn one got a guide spirit with crossing the river sanzu from Datsue Ba to charge Dashel. Opponent only had one or two activations left (not dashel) and couldn't kill Ikiryo because of Terrifying and an empty hand. I won Initiative next round an Ikiryo got 4 Attacks on Dashel (onslaught) and left him at 1 Health which meant he couldn't retaliate. 
All in all I liked the crew and every model performed as intended. Only "surprise" was Kirai beeing at half her wound in the end from the few summons and hatred (once on dashel) + walking of a roof :-D. She wasn't in any danger but i can definitely see with preassure being applied to her that it can get tricky to use her to her full potential without a dedicaded healer (Lost love had to heal Datsue Ba in this game ... a lot :-D)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daysleeper said:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Kirai Ankoku
    The Whisper
Totem(s):
  Ikiryo
Hires:
  Datsue Ba
  Lost Love
  Vincent St. Clair
  Jaakuna
  Onryo
  Seishin 
  Seishin

Did you bring Vincent assuming Dashel would summon a lot? Seems like an odd pick, but he can pull his weight against summoners. 

Mostly that, stoning to "instakill" a summoned Executioner/Mounted Guard/Sergeant etc. seemed very nice.
But he can also burn corpses so Dashels Crew cant turn them to stones, me having a lot of incorporeal there werent that much corpses for him to get to anyway. So double bonus in that part 😄
And then he drops the piremarkers from burning corpses or killing enemys, but all my incorporeal models ignore them anyway so they basicly only hurt the opponents crew. Plus I thought about which 5 models he had to put the markers for "recover evidence" on and Vincent was one more model that doesn't need to get in the thick of things so is a fairly safe carrier.
Edit:
Also, just like Kirai, his crossbow ignores friendly fire, so summoning into melee with Kirai to get "coordinated attack" triggers doesn't hinder his shooting.

Edited by Daysleeper
  • Like 1