Ressers community pool 3: Corner Symbols of Authority!

What master would you declare for this pool?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Do you mean you were banking they could kill your opponent's C&R model? Who was your C&R model? The undergrad I assume?

Oops, I went back and forth writing and left out half that sentence.

7 hours ago, emiba said:

For Catch and Release I was banking on that the Valedictorian or Anna being close to Vincent so an Undergraduate could By Your Side into him. They're probably not going to kill him in a turn and it will even give plausible deniability to not immediately be identified as Catch and Release.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, unti said:

When you find a way to deal with armor please keep us informed, I am looking for ways (anything else as second master) since beta and started to just ignore armored models even though against Von schtook that would be his whole crew 😃

Could be that it is one of the weaknesses of the faction! Some possible methods:

• Tie up, rather than kill, the armor-based models (hard with a whole crew having armor, its true).
  • Hit them with really big hits (Focused attacks), but hard to do when they have 'hard to wound.'
    • Note that Vincent specifically can bypass hard to wound, so he is potentially useful here IF you have the severes and stones to spare. He can hit for for up to 6 damage in a shot.
  • Irreducible damage of course (Molly, Ikyro) and armor bypass (Students, McMourning)
  • Ping damage - armor doesn't reduce below one, so hitting Valley girl 10 times for 1 damage will deal with her pretty efficiently.
    • Bonus - stoning to reduce 1 damage is also pretty inefficient, which gets past her other defense.
    • Downside - poison and burning are good ping damage, but Schtook cures those.
    • Hazardous terrain, rabble risers, even corpse candles landing attacks will add up.
  • Min 3 spam - while somewhat inefficient, you'll still kill models pretty quickly. Archie can single-round a necropunk, for example.
    • 9 health models are pretty inefficient though -you need to do 15 damage with min 3 attacks to take them down, more if they have soulstones.
  • And again, tying the armored models up and just scoring to win the game is often a good battle plan.

And of course, Molly's crew can rip armored models apart (she does irreducible damage, and can take both attack-spam crews and min-3 beater crews). And Lethe's caress really punishes flurry on Valley!

I would take Kirai and look for Catch and Release & Let them Bleed.

Urami has no problem with Symbols and i probably would hire Manos if i play mono-Master (if not - there will be Molly in list and it will be easier to summon Shikome earlier)

Catch and Release is not hard at all cause our Minions are Incorporial and we have lot of extra movement. I always hire 1-2 Onrio so the are OK for this scheme as well. And it's easy to get our Minion back from engage and hide them with their Incorporial

Let them Bleed just fit's my Uramy general playstyle - do pressure on your opponents Master and most expensive models with buffed Ikirio and summoned Goryo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

From my perspective, for the game Emiba posted about, things I would do differently:

• Throw in the towel on Lampads. They're probably not good enough to force taking two, and definitely not good enough to assign both your schemes to them as the nominated models.
  • Bring Anna Lovelace (if I owned her). Her auras really shut down Von Schtook, ironically. And she has great synergy with the crew anyway.
  • Figure out a better way to deal with armor, or a better way to tie up models (possibly just the Toshiro + ashigaru engine).
  • Mayyyybe try out rogue necromancy, as it feels like it fits the card-usage structure of the crew and benefits from focus.

I still like one lampad, but yes, they desperately need improvement to be worth 8SS. I'd make Breath of Fire a 6, add a Tome to either attack action, maybe up their Df to 5, and/or add a trigger on Hovering Flame that also gives them Burning too - this way we don't have to change the action itself as others have it. I'd love to have their old M2E aura that gives Burning to other models (could be enemy only) that activate nearby. Or something that gives themselves Burning +1 at the start of their Activation. I feel like they should be serving as Reva's main battery packs. While they seem like scheme runners, you're paying a lot for that Demise ability and for that you need to stay close to the Pyre Markers rather than ranging out on your own. 

Anna can be a great, but expensive add. Usually well worth it. She can have the Candles explode too and cause massive damage. She can range attack or get in and close it up. Can potentially Bury an annoying model for a turn too. 

For Armour you might try fighting fire with fire and hire a Student of Steel. Analyze weakness really helps your main beaters and she herself can deal some serious damage. I used to like the Shikome for this role, but her current version no longer has Armour Piercing built in, so is less of a draw. She can still get it, but has to kill something first. Nothing in Transmortis is an easy kill for it though.  For something like Symbols maybe her speed would be useful. For me they die very quickly. Student of Steel has more staying power, but much slower. 

I always like playing with Rogue Necros! I haven't tried one with Reva yet, but her healing would certainly help keep it going a bit longer than usual. It is another model I don't think is quite worth its' points (closer than a Lampad though). I mean compared to a Cerebus, which you can have 2 of, they feel slightly subpar (I find Onlsuaght more useful than Pounce as it allows you to focus down one model instead of jumping around). If they had Versatile I think they'd be better. They do compete for Masks too and I already find the crew very Mask hungry.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, unti said:

When you find a way to deal with armor please keep us informed, I am looking for ways (anything else as second master) since beta and started to just ignore armored models even though against Von schtook that would be his whole crew 😃

Yeah, Students of Steel are a thing. I've also heard they will come up in the release schedule soon (whatever that means atm). Even if they have multiple high armour models, it also forces a focused play, which most of the time is a good habit, as long as you don't forget your VP over it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sagrit said:

I would take Kirai and look for Catch and Release & Let them Bleed.

Urami has no problem with Symbols and i probably would hire Manos if i play mono-Master (if not - there will be Molly in list and it will be easier to summon Shikome earlier)

Catch and Release is not hard at all cause our Minions are Incorporial and we have lot of extra movement. I always hire 1-2 Onrio so the are OK for this scheme as well. And it's easy to get our Minion back from engage and hide them with their Incorporial

Let them Bleed just fit's my Uramy general playstyle - do pressure on your opponents Master and most expensive models with buffed Ikirio and summoned Goryo.

I like how vengeance makes Let Them Bleed very likely, as long as their models attack things :) I find it a bit tricky on corner deployment, but Kirai has good board coverage and has a good shot!

Catch and release also looks great. Any idea what list you'd take roughly?

On 7/11/2020 at 12:08 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

I like how vengeance makes Let Them Bleed very likely, as long as their models attack things :) I find it a bit tricky on corner deployment, but Kirai has good board coverage and has a good shot!

Catch and release also looks great. Any idea what list you'd take roughly?

I would start with something like this:

6SS
Kirai
+ Whispers
Ikiryo
Datsue Ba
Lost Love
Seishin
Seishin 2
Seishin 3
Onryo
Onryo 2
Manos

And there is 2SS for Upgrade. It could be Whispers for Datsue Ba, or Killer Instinctfor Manos in case of Terrifying heavy opponent. Or even both upgrades minus one Seishin.

• Like 1