Cheap Dragons

Jesy Blue

Jacob Lynch, The Dreamer, & Viktoria.

All Masters with a cost of less than 15.

Are they ever worth spending the soul stones as an additional Master out of keyword, and why?

The Dreamer makes a good second master, but it is probably better to take him as your primary master and snag Lord Chompy Bits for free (and access to the strongest NB keyword xD)

EDIT: I suspect the same argument applies to the others. They are the cheapest masters, but the most 'free' stones when you include totems/extra Vik.

I don't think the Viks make sense ook. They're not durable enough to be your primary beater, but will be your most expensive one. Also you really want both to get full value, and then you're at 24 stones for just them, at which point you could just play them and bring a different master in ook.

Maybe if whirlwind was super important it could work out.

Compare Dreamer vs Kirai

13 vs 16 stones

can summon two minions vs two minions and totem.

One whose skills are actively tide to the synergy with the keyword, one whose skills are passively tide to the keyword.

I’d say Kirai wins out every time. Then again, its never a choice between the two, so its a moot point, in fact whether the second master is worth is quite dependent on keyword synergy, objectives and opponent. 

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't bring Lynch as second master, because he needs to much help and synergy from his keyword to work - he is slow by himself, needs Huggy (aka +8 ss to his cost) for wonderful hidden pistol's tome trigger for placing Huggy and needs much more brilliance for summoning his minions - for me he is one of those masters that runs almost whole keyword party.