Mindless Zombies/Corpse Candles and Grave Diggers/Mourners

Hi all! New Resser player here and apologise if this topic has been covered somewhere else but I couldn't find it! 

I was curious about the interactions between Mindless Zombies and Corpse Candles (Which are insignificant) counting as corpse markers for the abilities and actions of friendly models. 

And Grave Diggers and Mourners both can count Corpse Markers as Scheme Markers. 

So Does the presence of Insignificant prevent them being used as Scheme Markers at the end of the game? 

52 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Unfortunately there is no clear answer (unless I missed something in the FAQ).

The prevailing agreement is that it doesn't work.

There is no reason to think that the mindless zombies lose insignificant, so even if they count as scheme markers, you can't use them for points.

In my meta and with the people I've played in Vassal, we always played it the other way. If they count as a corpse and the corpse counts as scheme marker, they count as scheme marker and they can be used to score, for example Leave Your Mark.

But! Don't take my word as the truth, is better if you discuss it with your opponent before building your crew. As far as I remember, it's like @Maniacal_cackle said, there isn't any official ruling about it (yet).

2 hours ago, ShinChan said:

In my meta and with the people I've played in Vassal, we always played it the other way. If they count as a corpse and the corpse counts as scheme marker, they count as scheme marker and they can be used to score, for example Leave Your Mark.

But! Don't take my word as the truth, is better if you discuss it with your opponent before building your crew. As far as I remember, it's like @Maniacal_cackle said, there isn't any official ruling about it (yet).

Chatting with your opponent before hand is going to be the best way, but my view is that the model still says it is ignored for strategy and schemes. The fact it is counting as a scheme marker has not removed that line of text from it, so it is a scheme marker that is ignored for the purposes of strategies and schemes

• Agree 1

On 6/9/2020 at 9:30 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Also note that this will all apply to Research Mission and using corpse candles as corpse markers.

Comes up for Reva every time I see that scheme!

Neither Corpse Candles or Mindless Zombies can count for Research Mission as Walking Dead only allows them to count as corpse markers for friendly actions or abilities.

• Like 1