Clarification on GG1 1-13

Mycellanious

Question

"If a model would ignore the effects of a Shockwave Action, does it still take a duel to resist the Shockwave?
a) No."

Clearly this refers to Actions such as Ice Tornado which specifically calls out that friendly modles may Ignore its effects and Push instead, but does it also refer to Evasive models?

If Willie drops a Shockwave on Sparks, does Sparks have to take the Mv duel, even though he ignores the effects of the Shockwave (Damage 3) if he fails the duel?

5 answers to this question

This isn't a gg1 question, it's a faq question. ( mainly saying because it confused me when you asked the question with that title. )

If the shockwaves only do damage then yes evasive models don't take the duel. 

EDIT - If all else fails read the card! Evasive does not ignore the effect, it reduces the damage to 0. So take the duel.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kharnage said:

What if I have an armored incorporeal model taking a shockwave that deals 2 damage? Does he still flip?

I think you would still flip as those abilities don't ignore the effect they reduce it's effectiveness (to the same outcome, but 🤷‍♂️ )

I think Ignore is different to reducing to 0 and other game effects may happen as a consequence of flipping etc (at the very least card cycling).