Condition removal

HadjiMurat

Hi!

How vital do you think it is to bring models With ability to remove conditions in M3e? And how far will you go to bring that Tech piece, in terms of Soulstone cost?

I Guess it Depends alot on the masters you will go up against, so which masters are you willing to pay OOK tax to get condition removal in Your crew (like nurse OOK, 7SS)? Instead of hiring a model at same cost who is more suited for the schemes and strats.

Cheers in advance!

Against crews that specifically deal with Conditions like Kaeris and Colette it is very useful. Even OOK a nurse is a great utility piece, the painkillers having a trigger for every suit is great, able to reposition, focus or shield your models, whilst healing and removing a condition is great especially as a bonus action so she can still walk and scheme, she also lets you pull the top card of the discard pile which is really useful for getting back a severe or the RJ back into hand.

• Thanks 1

You know what Master you are facing before you build your list, so you have a good idea what sort of condition removal (if any). So condition removal for facing Sonnia would be different to that facing Reva, or Kaeris, even though each seems to be ;largely based on burning. (Sonnia is only using Burning, so the Assist action is often enough, Kaeris adds injured, so you probably want actual condition removal, although assist can do both, but you might want to target her crew as well and Reva also adds conditions to her own team, so you might need the condition removal as an attack, rather that a tactical action to be able to remove the enemies conditons as well).  

If you go against a master that relies on conditions heavily, and you don't bring in condition removal, you need to make sure you have a plan, as overall they should have been balanced against the expectation that their opponent is trying to block what they do.

• Thanks 1

Thx for the answers! Good input!

Yeah, I know the nurse brings more to the game then just condition removal, I used her as an example cause she is the only model I have that can remove conditions (other than assist action). It's just when I have hired her, I feel she is kind of lurking to far behind the rest of my crew, cause I feel that the strats and my prefered schemes (search, Power ritual etc) forces me to go up the Board as fast as possible. Thats why I am wondering if leaving out the condition removal tech to gain more scheme Tech (Flesh construct With fast etc) is a better solution.

But, at the same time condition removal Tech seems vital when facing certain masters. Thats one of the many hard Choices you have to take in this game, and thats why I enjoy it so much.

1 hour ago, HadjiMurat said:

Thx for the answers! Good input!

Yeah, I know the nurse brings more to the game then just condition removal, I used her as an example cause she is the only model I have that can remove conditions (other than assist action). It's just when I have hired her, I feel she is kind of lurking to far behind the rest of my crew, cause I feel that the strats and my prefered schemes (search, Power ritual etc) forces me to go up the Board as fast as possible. Thats why I am wondering if leaving out the condition removal tech to gain more scheme Tech (Flesh construct With fast etc) is a better solution.

But, at the same time condition removal Tech seems vital when facing certain masters. Thats one of the many hard Choices you have to take in this game, and thats why I enjoy it so much.

Two more thoughts:

1. If you're struggling with having the nurse in the right place at the right time, Dead Rider is really good at taxing models around.

2. In general, I think the game rewards proactive approaches rather than reactive ones. Removing conditions is nice and all, but just killing the opponent before their conditions kill you is equally viable at times.

I'd say only focus on condition removal if there's something that is just destroying you or if they use an extreme amount (like McMourning, on Dreamer I like to take one copy of Serena against him in neverborn).

• Thanks 1

Since my meta is so small ( 3 player) I have not met condition heavy crews yet, so no experience in how devastating they could be. Going to a big tournament in november that will change I reckon. Your point nr. 2 seems on track with my experience though. Those games I stick to my own gameplan/ crew building, rather than building a reactive crew, is the games I succeed in. 

6 minutes ago, HadjiMurat said:

Since my meta is so small ( 3 player) I have not met condition heavy crews yet, so no experience in how devastating they could be. Going to a big tournament in november that will change I reckon. Your point nr. 2 seems on track with my experience though. Those games I stick to my own gameplan/ crew building, rather than building a reactive crew, is the games I succeed in. 

Yeah, this is why I think Archie is the best answer to condition based crews.

He is a proactive juggernaut that really advances your game plan (especially if playing Forgotten and he carries crooligans in his pockets). So by himself he is doing something fantastic. Then a condition crew tries to stop him and finds it incredibly difficult (since he is immune to conditions).

That's way scarier than a condition crew seeing a nurse and seeing some of their burns or whatever healed up.

If you're worried about condition crews, Archie is 100% the model I'd recommend.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, this is why I think Archie is the best answer to condition based crews.

He is a proactive juggernaut that really advances your game plan (especially if playing Forgotten and he carries crooligans in his pockets). So by himself he is doing something fantastic. Then a condition crew tries to stop him and finds it incredibly difficult (since he is immune to conditions).

That's way scarier than a condition crew seeing a nurse and seeing some of their burns or whatever healed up.

If you're worried about condition crews, Archie is 100% the model I'd recommend.

This. 

Archie is always the answer.