Big listbuilding thread

Myyrä

I'm running this list into Reckoning Corner with Breakthrough, Take Prisoner, Assassinate, Deliver a Message, and Vendetta...

Hoffman (5 ss)

Mech Attendant

Joss

Melissa KORE

Peacekeeper

Pale Rider

Guild Steward

I hear a lot lately that Henchmen aren't great takes for Reckoning, but I feel like this crew will make for a pretty fun game. Depending on the matchup (against Zoraida or another obey master, for instance) I'll probably make a swap for a Riotbreaker, but otherwise I feel pretty comfortable with this setup. The healing will be extra outrageous and the Focus from foul mouthed motivation will be really nasty on Melissa, so she can take a charge and spend the focus for her gatling gun and use power tokens for blast damage. And the steward himself can threaten Take Prisoner or Deliver a Message, and makes for a painful target to remove.

• Like 2

Crew for reconing. Potentially impossible to kill hoffman. Armor +3, 10 ss, and always on + flip wih power tokens from traps and if enemy does irreductible dmg you just use protected. Except totem every thing is insignificant so no points for enemy

Hoffman Crew (Guild) Size: 50 - Pool: 10 Leader: Charles Hoffman Lead-Lined Coat Totem(s): Mechanical Attendant No Prisoners Hires: Clockwork Trap Clockwork Trap 2 Clockwork Trap 3 Clockwork Trap 4 Clockwork Trap 5 Clockwork Trap 6 Clockwork Trap 7 Clockwork Trap 8 Trained Raptor Trained Raptor 2 Trained Raptor 3 References: Trained Raptor

50 minutes ago, eddy said:

Crew for reconing. Potentially impossible to kill hoffman. Armor +3, 10 ss, and always on + flip wih power tokens from traps and if enemy does irreductible dmg you just use protected. Except totem every thing is insignificant so no points for enemy

Hoffman Crew (Guild) Size: 50 - Pool: 10 Leader: Charles Hoffman Lead-Lined Coat Totem(s): Mechanical Attendant No Prisoners Hires: Clockwork Trap Clockwork Trap 2 Clockwork Trap 3 Clockwork Trap 4 Clockwork Trap 5 Clockwork Trap 6 Clockwork Trap 7 Clockwork Trap 8 Trained Raptor Trained Raptor 2 Trained Raptor 3 References: Trained Raptor

While amusing, it also makes it nearly impossible for you to score any points yourself, as Hoffman and the attendant must do literally everything.

Though I do like the idea of LLC on Hoffman.

14 hours ago, eddy said:

Would it be better to leave the Totem out? It's not insignificant, so opponent can get reckoning point from killing it.

13 hours ago, Xekros said:

While amusing, it also makes it nearly impossible for you to score any points yourself, as Hoffman and the attendant must do literally everything.

Though I do like the idea of LLC on Hoffman.

They don't have to do the killing themselves, if the other models manage to bring something down.

35 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

They don't have to do the killing themselves, if the other models manage to bring something down.

"models with the Insignificant Ability are ignored for the purposes of Strategies and Schemes in every way."

Would indicate to me that any kills scored by the insignificant models wouldn't count towards kills for reckoning.

4 minutes ago, Xekros said:

"models with the Insignificant Ability are ignored for the purposes of Strategies and Schemes in every way."

Would indicate to me that any kills scored by the insignificant models wouldn't count towards kills for reckoning.

Reckoning doesn't count kills. It counts deaths.

29 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Reckoning doesn't count kills. It counts deaths.

"At the end of each Turn, a Crew gains 1 VP if more enemy models were killed that Turn than it has scored VP for this Strategy"

Does seem to count kills, not deaths.

Probably needs an FAQ, but they can't do any other schemes/strats, so it seems odd that they'd found for this one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xekros said:

"At the end of each Turn, a Crew gains 1 VP if more enemy models were killed that Turn than it has scored VP for this Strategy"

Does seem to count kills, not deaths.

Probably needs an FAQ, but they can't do any other schemes/strats, so it seems odd that they'd found for this one.

Yeah this is a situation I'd want wyrds take on. Here's my take on it: insignificant models are ignored for the purposes of strats and schemes. However, according to the strat rules, as long as an enemy model is  killed it counts. Doesn't say they have to be killed by anything in particular, and the strat doesn't have any restrictions about who could do the killing. So, the insignificant model isn't scoring for it killing something, you're scoring off of something being killed, period.  

However, I still think this is way too much of a gray area without some sort of FAQ, and I definitely wouldn't ever try it against an opponent.

5 hours ago, Xekros said:

Nope, its the killed models, who are the active part of the sentence. So you ignore insignificant models, regardless of who kills them, and you count ‘significant’ models, regardless of who kills them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

Nope, its the killed models, who are the active part of the sentence. So you ignore insignificant models, regardless of who kills them, and you count ‘significant’ models, regardless of who kills them. 

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Which is a problem not because you're right, but because that seems like a pretty significant oversight from a design perspective.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xekros said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Which is a problem not because you're right, but because that seems like a pretty significant oversight from a design perspective.

I think, it is very deliberate. It ensures, that models can die from conditions etc., that have no direct cause, and still contribute to winning conditions. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Xekros said:

Having played 3 editions now, I know wyrd knows the difference between you killing something and something dying in difficulty, and purpose. Last edition reckoning needed your crew to do the killing for example. And there are schemes this edition that they have prevented the easy deny of killing your own side. 

I may be wrong, but I assume they knew what they were doing until shown otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3