Titania List Help

Chris Rivers

Hi everyone, I have a Reckoning(standard deployment) game tomorrow.  Schemes are:  Assassinate, Breakthrough, Search the Ruins, Take Prisoner, and Hold up their forces.  I am playing against Ophelia.

I have two crews picked out:

Titania

Gorar

2 Knights

Killjoy w/Inhuman Reflexes

Mysterious Effigy w/Effigy of Fate 

Bultungin

Aeslin

or:

Same but switch out the Effigy and Bultungin for the Emmissary.

Problem is, I don't think I have the schemes covered very well.  Search the Ruins is an autotake, but none of the others seem appealing with these crews.  Maybe switch out a Knight or the Bultungin for a Waldgeist to enable Hold up their forces? I have never been a fan of Take Prisoner (don't like having to leave something alive), Breakthrough is kind of hard for Titania with her lack of scheme runners.

mmm, let me think... Ophelia seems like a very hard match for fae with all those shielded and good balance between ranged and mele attacks (specially considering how slow Fae is)... at least the concealment will be annoying for her. I'd go a bit OOK in this match to cover these:

I'd change Killjoy with the upgrade for 2 Black Blood Shamans, the Focused will be needed: They gain a shield when you target them with an attack, you will need to make each attack counts; in the turn 2 you will have 2 matures (but it's better if you wait until turn 3 to heal them and get the emissary). Another reason to not including Killjoy: If zoraida or another model with obey is included, he will be hard countered (kill the ritual holders with obey) and he is not that hard to kill with only df4. Plus Gorar may use mold to bring a mature back to life (with a 12+)

The bultungin is a good runner, but he is also squishy for Reckoning... I'd remove it and upgrade a Knight to the Hooded rider (which can also be brought back with Gorar, but with a 13 or a RJ)

You will have big powerspike in turn 3 thanks to matures, hooded (revel in secret) and the emissary; so you can advance slowly, gain Focused (and create a few underbrushs to keep the concealment), then strike hard in turn 3 (fae is slow and Ophelia have a lot of ranged attack and will kite you a bit, so you won't be able to engage earlier anyway). In turn 3 the mobility will be also great: the matures may use "fly with me" to reposition the knight and Titania/Aeslin before charging in. The rider may use "ride with me" or may use the bonus for a Moonlight Charge.

For this match and the above strategy I'd pick Assassinate and Take prisoner (if Merris a raider or maybe Pere are in the other team; but control Pere is riskier). Try to kill Ophelia fast if possible as she has an annoying pulse damage and can end conditions (focused).

Here is how I would consider it:

Ophelia does a gunline, and Reckoning as a strategy feeds into this, so one way or the other, you're going to have to be crossing the table. Presumably she won't want things that will make her have to move around a lot, so seems likely she will pick from Assassinate, Hold Up, or Take Prisoner.

Conversely, you get the joy of having to cross to either get into melee or within range of your 8" guns. Search should be pretty straightforward given you will be on her side of the table. Breakthrough on standard isn't terrible, however you can expect a lot of her models to be back there making a mess for you. Take Prisoner....you can Lure a model up, but then you are going to be at cross purposes with Reckoning. Hold Up is possible, but a) you have to get there and b) you have to have models that are less expensive, which may be a struggle and c) the best model you have for it (Bultingun) is pretty easy for her to shoot down. Soooo Assassinate!

Titania isn't terrible for Assassinate because she can put you in the severe terrain, injure you, etc. 

So you want speed, durability, and search/assassinate.

I would consider a model pool of:

• Hooded Rider
  • Wicked Dolls (cheap, stealth, good for Killjoy and Search)
  • Emissary
  • Tuco (Stealth, From Shadows)
  • Serena Bowman (Demise, Healing)

Hope these ideas help and best of luck!

I have played titania into ophelia in reckoning and titania does this very well. most of her crew is just support though with her doing the killing. if you can get her into the middle of their crew with life leach and moving underbrush for plink damage they dont get the shielded etc.

my usual crew is:

Titania - inhuman reflexes
Gorar
Aeslin
Emissary
Rougarou
2 x autumn knights both with ancient pact

you have lots of concealing terrain, plus hard to wound and armoured models, some with df6. emissary tries to get his hungry lands near underbrush markers so when you hit into the thorns you can place them in an underbrush but also a hungry land for more incidental damage

• Like 1

Ended up taking this:

Titania

Gorar

2 Knights

Hooded Rider 

Effigy w/upgrade

Bultungin 

Aeslin

6 ss

Ended up.losing Titania but not before she killed Sammy, Pere, 2 young lacroix, almost killing Rami (held off to kill next turn for Reckoning) and took Ophelia to 4 Hp, would of got her next round due to having Hooded rider in her face with a bunch of tokens.  Actually accidentally killed Sammy on turn 1 by getting severe with the crow trigger for 5 dmg.  I should not have used the trigger and left her at 1.

We called it after turn 3, I likely would have won with 6 or 7 pts to his 3

Couple questions though.  When Titania moves the underbrush markers, can she move them so they overlap other underbrush markers?

Also does the place on her crow trigger happen before any demise abilities trigger?  I moved Pere to be able to hit 2 young, Rami and Ophelia with his demise damage.  I am not sure that was correct.

51 minutes ago, Chris Rivers said:

When Titania moves the underbrush markers, can she move them so they overlap other underbrush markers?

Yes (see pg 28, markers, second bullet point)

51 minutes ago, Chris Rivers said:

Also does the place on her crow trigger happen before any demise abilities trigger?  I moved Pere to be able to hit 2 young, Rami and Ophelia with his demise damage.  I am not sure that was correct.

Not 100% sure about this one; but I'd say it doesn't happen if the attack kill them.

You have to resolve the effects in the order they are written in the card, the place effect happens after the damage; when a model takes damage you have to go through the damage timming in pg34; which would remove the model and trigger the demise abilities.

2 hours ago, Ogid said:

Not 100% sure about this one; but I'd say it doesn't happen if the attack kill them.

You have to resolve the effects in the order they are written in the card, the place effect happens after the damage; when a model takes damage you have to go through the damage timming in pg34; which would remove the model and trigger the demise abilities.

I looked at this a little more

A when resolving trigger resolves in step 2 of the damage timing.  Demise is an after killed ability which seems to resolve in step 6c, after the place happens.

If this is true, it makes the fae models very dangerous to take models with explosive demise abilities against as you are likely to have it blow up in your face.

Grats on the win!

This is better suited to the rules forum, but her crows trigger is a 'when resolving' trigger, and modifies damage. It should happen at step two of damage (so you get the move before they explode). It's a bit unusual, because most movement effects aren't tied to damage effects in that way, so most abilities don't work that way that I've seen. But in her particular case, yes, should work that way I think!

6 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

Couple questions though.  When Titania moves the underbrush markers, can she move them so they overlap other underbrush markers?

If playing Titania, you should familiarize yourself with all of the marker rules found on page 28 of the digital rulebook. The one you're wanting here is:

Sometimes, two Markers will overlap or be on top of each other. When this happens, both Markers have their full effect; it doesn’t matter which one is on top of the other.

Haha, these timings keep getting me. It get placed because you must resolve the entire trigger in the step 2, it modifies the damage but it doesn't resolve until step 4... Ok, makes sense now.

A sanity check here: If that were an action instead of a trigger (suffer X damage, then place), the player would have to resolve the damage first (going through the 6 steps of the damage timing) and then the placement. So if that were an action, it would trigger demises before the placement.