Intended or not?

Verdeloth

With this wording im forced to pick exacly 2+ of my discarded card. Example if i remove one marker, and discard a number 10 ram i cant retrive a 11 becuase it has to be exactly +2 for each marker. So two markers cant let me have a +1 +2 +3 i need to have the perfect discard in hand and perfect card in discard

Screenshot_20190726-111134_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, Verdeloth said:

With this wording im forced to pick exacly 2+ of my discarded card. Example if i remove one marker, and discard a number 10 ram i cant retrive a 11 becuase it has to be exactly +2 for each marker. So two markers cant let me have a +1 +2 +3 i need to have the perfect discard in hand and perfect card in discard

Screenshot_20190726-111134_Chrome.jpg

Seems like it. "Equal to". I was going through my Von Schtook box, and read this a couple times, and was REALLY disappointed that it wasn’t "equal to or less than".

It's really a marginal ability unless you're going late in a turn, or want to turn a 10 or a 12 into a RJ.

Thankfully, the Valedictorian has another bonus action that's more useful early in the turn.

"Up to +2 for each marker removed" would have been enough :( i want to belive thats this was something that was overlooked and not its intention because it just make this action to one of the most restricted ones in game because we need 3 hoops to jump throught to make ot work. Perfect amount of markers within range (for the target card), perfect even out card in hand, and also the perfect in discard.

It's specifically good in certain situations or against certain crews. 

Had it used to great effect against me when I played Mei Feng, it trashed my railroad and due to the number of markers flying around he had plenty of leeway to scoop a big card multiple times in the game.

Remember it's +2 PER MARKER, and you choose how many markers you pick up out of all the ones in that big pulse. So any increment of +2/4/6 is reasonable if there are any sort of effects creating scrap or corpses, on top of stuff dying normally.

Don't forget Ressers can make their own markers (for example, with Grave Diggers).

I imagine it also helps with setup if you start with two even cards (or two odd cards) and plan for using a card twice. For instance, you have a 6 and 10 in your hand at the start of the turn. You can plan your turn so that you get to swap the 6 and 10.

Not to mention some crews benefit from corpse/scrap markers, so it can be a counter-strategy as well.

I've not played this crew, but I'd not be unhappy if some of my models had this ability.

• 2 weeks later...