Lets have a talk about the infamous Zipp

Steve-El-Tragger

48 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That's a cool idea. I didn't really think of using Twelve Cups of coffee to stack focus. 

I may have to try it on Brewmaster. Have some Akaname drop a couple makers each turn 1 to stack focus on someone. Might be a bad idea since Brewmaster is likely to see a lot of condition removal. 🤔

I do it, it's totally worth it. I don't spend too many action on it, since I'm more worried about getting the proper models completely drunk (Fingers, Monk and Brewie himself).

However, with Wong (upgrade in Alphonse of course) and Ophelia (upgrade on herself) is even easier thanks to having Sammy around.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

That's a cool idea. I didn't really think of using Twelve Cups of coffee to stack focus. 

I may have to try it on Brewmaster. Have some Akaname drop a couple makers each turn 1 to stack focus on someone. Might be a bad idea since Brewmaster is likely to see a lot of condition removal. 🤔

The only problem I see doing that with Brewmaster is on turn 1, Trusty Flask & the Shower of Booze trigger are more important to the crew as a whole than 1 or 2 focus on the Brewmaster would be.  Maybe invest in Tanuki instead.

8 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

The only problem I see doing that with Brewmaster is on turn 1, Trusty Flask & the Shower of Booze trigger are more important to the crew as a whole than 1 or 2 focus on the Brewmaster would be.  Maybe invest in Tanuki instead.

Where do you need that extra poison on? The thing is not get 1-2 focus, it's getting 3-6 focus, which will help massively for those lures in turn 2-3 (as well as to attack people).

Fingers (so he can be controlled), Gamin (so they push super far for free), Fermented River Monks (for Too Drunk To Care), & on the Brewmaster (for everything).

How are you getting 3-6 focus on the Brewmaster in 1 turn?  You still can't place scheme markers closer than 4" from each other, and hiring 3 Akaname for this trick is just the kind of thing you would ironically want to put more poison on instead.

24 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Fingers (so he can be controlled), Gamin (so they push super far for free), Fermented River Monks (for Too Drunk To Care), & on the Brewmaster (for everything).

How are you getting 3-6 focus on the Brewmaster in 1 turn?  You still can't place scheme markers closer than 4" from each other, and hiring 3 Akaname for this trick is just the kind of thing you would ironically want to put more poison on instead.

You can actually put 5 schemes within range with interact actions. I usually put 2-3 + 2 Akanames getting a flicker. More worth than 1 extra poison around for some models.

You won't be using it all the time, but for example, unless I'm playing Symbols, I don't need the gamin to push that much in turn 1 (or I wouldn't even hire it).

My poison goal for turn 1 is usually:

• 2-4 Poison on Brewie
  • 3-5 Poison on a Monk
  • 8+ Poison on Fingers

I can easily achieve those numbers and still give 3-6 focus to Brewie.

I'm usually punching Gamin with Fermented River Monks, getting either 2 more poison or another Chi/Focus on the monk as well, so it ends up working out still.

I usually find a nice route, even severe terrain still get me some free movement through it... and last activations of turn 1 when you get somewhere in the area of 15" of movement towards 2 different Symbols, is incredibly back foot inducing.

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:17 PM, Jesy Blue said:

I'm usually punching Gamin with Fermented River Monks, getting either 2 more poison or another Chi/Focus on the monk as well, so it ends up working out still.

I usually find a nice route, even severe terrain still get me some free movement through it... and last activations of turn 1 when you get somewhere in the area of 15" of movement towards 2 different Symbols, is incredibly back foot inducing.

I am curious why you use monks - I have yet to see a reason to take them over moon shinobi?

8 hours ago, OracleToronto said:

I am curious why you use monks - I have yet to see a reason to take them over moon shinobi?

They're more resilient that the Moon Shinobi, have the built-in mask in Trusty Flask to get out of engagement (not always, but almost) or get into B2B to use staggering punch, they have "Shower of Booze" trigger and they're good candidates for the inferiority complex to hit Akanames/Gamins to spread extra poison (or concentrate for free/gain 2 poison themselves).

Moon Shinobi vs shooting crews & crews full of Manipulative/Serene Contenence/Hard To Wound.

Fermented River Monks vs everything else.

Moon Shinobi don't use poison for anything.  You can start the game by sending them on their way to do things, they will get places faster and do what they need to do reletively unscathed.

Fermented River Monks use both poison & chi to defend better, attack better, their healing goes a longer way because you're taking less damage making a great tarpit unit vs much bigger models, you can penetrate armor & shielded which is a common weakness of the faction.

... or mix and match with one or two of each. 

If you've never played as Shenlong before, and I still don't, you don't totally get how chi works by looking at it; you have to experience it.  Having that +2 in your back pocket can change maximum.  I say try it if you haven't yet.

And neither are better or worse, just different.  The right drunken tool for different drunken jobs.

25 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Fermented River Monks use both poison & chi to defend better, attack better, their healing goes a longer way because you're taking less damage making a great tarpit unit vs much bigger models, you can penetrate armor & shielded which is a common weakness of the faction.

... or mix and match with one or two of each. 

If you've never played as Shenlong before, and I still don't, you don't totally get how chi works by looking at it; you have to experience it.  Having that +2 in your back pocket can change maximum.  I say try it if you haven't yet.

And neither are better or worse, just different.  The right drunken tool for different drunken jobs.

I know the value of Chi from using thunder archers and charm warders in ten thunders. it's funny I don't think I mentally clued in that the monks had chi on the front of their card.

• Like 1

Fermented River Monk with Inferiority Complex is great to pump up poison on Gamins as you can choose the trigger to give +2 Poison on the Gamin and the Monk (bully). It ends up being an 8ss model but with pseudo Armour 2, Chi and probably some Focus he should be ok.

• Like 1