Lets have a talk about the infamous Zipp

Steve-El-Tragger

Hey guys,

I am having a match tomorrow and i decided to try out m3e zipp.

As he was one of the strongest masters in m2e in my opionon, i used to play him a lot back then, however i have some struggles to see the value of his keyword.

Wrastlers really doesnt look that good to me. Iron skeeter seems solid but i dont think that i want to use more than one. I really dig first mate, he looks super good and i have already tried him out in tricksy where he did an awesome job. Not so sure about mancha roja tho.

Have you already tryed out our most favorite sky pirate? Any hidden synergies or obvious recommandations for infamous? Lets have a talk fellow bayouans :)

It's true that Infamous is light on basic fodder models. There's quite a few good moderately expensive models (Johan, Merris, Iron Skeeters) but Wrastlers are a bit meh, Smugglers are quite specialized, and Flying Piglets are ultra specialized. Gators and Mech Pork are great Versatile models and Gracie, Burt, and First Mate are absolutely top-notch expensive models. And Emissary as well.

But in general, I feel that Infamous crews tend to be somewhat elite as hiring cheap stuff from outside the keyword is a bad idea.

Zipp himself is absolute gold, though.

honestly I really struggle to see how infamous plays in theorycraft.

They seem to excel at scheming, being annoying and able to remove enemy scheme markers. They seem to be an elite crew though with very low damage output and average defenses with no healing or support to stay in the game. 

Mancha and the Wrastlers are amazing vs Wildfire & Fae keywords.  remove conditions with ease, throw all markers back in the face of your enemy. 

Seriously, the Infamous crew is so versatile I struggle to not take them every time; they can do everything!

On 8/6/2019 at 2:08 PM, wizuriel said:

Anyone using Mancha this edition or he a dead model again?

I tryed him out on tuesday and he did a lot of work. First turn he killed a forgotten marshall, thanks to zipp putting him in range, second turn he killed the punk zombie (dont know how those are called nowadays), turn 3, archie wanted to mess with mancha, mancha survived and killed Archie, turn 4 he killed the necrotic machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HipsterWhale said:

Yup. Remove focus and shielded. Add adversary, and injured. Attack. Double positive while they're minus 2

Use ram to get +2 dmg for min 5. 

Life is good 😎

Toss in the mud only removes 1 condition

what is giving the 2nd :+flip?

Also a ram would only add +1 damage for min 4 unless you ram and stone?

Since Toss in the mud though is only 2" Rg and not a :ToS-Melee: how are people using it offensively since you can't charge and toss in the mud and can't flurry off it. 

36 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Since Toss in the mud though is only 2" Rg and not a :ToS-Melee: how are people using it offensively since you can't charge and toss in the mud and can't flurry off it. 

Finisher gives +2 Damage for Advisary and injured.

Toss in the Mud first, then Attack with Flurry for min 10 dmg. Works best if you are already engaged tho.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Infamous have some nice stuff to deliver Mancha in position, from Iron Skeeter with Tactical Trench Coat, to Gracie.

17 minutes ago, Steve-El-Tragger said:

Finisher gives +2 Damage for Advisary and injured.

Toss in the Mud first, then Attack with Flurry for min 10 dmg. Works best if you are already engaged tho.

If you can Free Loot to get there, it's perfect!

• 1 month later...

Serious.... it feels like they got the runoff of a bunch of actions and abilities that were left over at the end of the finalization of 3rd Edition.

They remove scheme markers, but Bandits need those markers to go Fast. 

It can spend soul stones, but has no triggers it needs them for, no attack that is devastating to hit with it needs them for, and 6 wounds and no defense tech it needs to keep alive with, and not a primary, or realistically even a secondary target.

It's got card cycling, but either nothing special or too expensive.

The only semi unique ability, Changing Plans, is not good enough that you would want to take this model for that ability.

Why do you exist?  Not only why do you exist, how are you double keyword between 2 factions and still useless?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Why do you exist?  Not only why do you exist, how are you double keyword between 2 factions and still useless?

The miniatures look super-fantastic. Everybody wants to own them. And it's much easier to explain to your wife, that you buy this miniatures, because they can be used with your favourite master.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Serious.... it feels like they got the runoff of a bunch of actions and abilities that were left over at the end of the finalization of 3rd Edition.

They remove scheme markers, but Bandits need those markers to go Fast. 

It can spend soul stones, but has no triggers it needs them for, no attack that is devastating to hit with it needs them for, and 6 wounds and no defense tech it needs to keep alive with, and not a primary, or realistically even a secondary target.

It's got card cycling, but either nothing special or too expensive.

The only semi unique ability, Changing Plans, is not good enough that you would want to take this model for that ability.

And the miniatures have a rifle, but they don't shoot...