Dead Dandies - Myth or Fact? Should I assemble some?

Wombats

Returning to Malifaux from a long hiatus and playing Seamus to pick it up again.  

Dead Dandies showed up on this fancy crew builder contraption:

https://m3e-crew-builder.herokuapp.com/

...and holy balls that is excellent, don't forget the Tip Jar link in the bottom right, I'll be throwing them $10, it makes schemes so much easier.  

Dandies don't appear in the card PDFs.  

Do they exist in M3E? 

Are they just male Doxies for all intents and purposes?

I can't find official models but there should be a cane in the RPG plastic sprue to make one.  
I currently have no Doxie models, just Belles, so if they aren't a thing I might just have male Doxies to make it super easy for my opponent to differentiate.  

They're entirely new models for 3rd edition and haven't had an official release yet. Because they weren't an existing model their stats weren't including in the public release of 3rd edition's final cards, though you could find their beta version floating around somewhere. Their artwork was previewed before 3rd edition was even announced, here's a thread discussing them:

So no they're not Doxies of Belles, but something new and different. As for when they'll come out we don't know, the schedule of upcoming releases suggests that getting updated crew boxes and repackaging individual models into group boxes are being prioritized for the beginning of M3Es launch. New additions will come out later.

I, personally, don’t find charge blocking all that effective given how mobile the game is now, and how much better ranged attacks are.

What I do find them useful for is making the opponent’s scheme pool worse. If there is a heavy concentration of scheme marker based schemes, and for some reason you don’t want to play a keyword that is objectively better, then Dandies are your friend because they can destroy enemy schemes even if they are guarded, and potentially give you corpse markers for Seamus to Celebrate with, or possibly (I haven’t had much luck doing this) use them yourself by turning them into corpses for a mourner to use as a scheme later. Or interacting with a dandy to drop a scheme, and then turning the corpse into a marker on a follow up turn to get multiple scheme markers close together, if you are trying to do something like Detonate the Charges.

And as said they can generate corpses themselves if needed for Bete to jump out of, or Seamus to Celebrate with. 

I don’t like the art for the models, but I do think they are an important part of the Red Chapel tool box, and probably the second best model in Red Chapel after Doxies.

“Cause for Celebration” can be used by Seamus without a corpse, at anytime, as long as he’s the leader, correct.

The corpse, being on the enemy half of the table just allows Seamus to ignore any italicized restrictions on the action. So while shooting twice tends to be the big one, don’t overlook the others. Being able to Secret Passage while out in the middle of nowhere, or terrorizing your own models can be useful at times.

• Thanks 1

That is a shame Belles aren't handy anymore.  

Malifaux icon right there.  

Doxies feel like they are replacing Punk Zombies for damage dealers.  

I'm trying Seamus out again for the first time in M3E next week.  

Was planning to take one of everything but Mourners to see how they go.  

3 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

The corpse, being on the enemy half of the table just allows Seamus to ignore any italicized restrictions on the action. So while shooting twice tends to be the big one, don’t overlook the others. Being able to Secret Passage while out in the middle of nowhere, or terrorizing your own models can be useful at times.

Being able to Interact while engaged (or after disengaging) can often come in handy. Or to Charge while engaged, even if you've already Charged that turn...

56 minutes ago, Wombats said:

Doxies feel like they are replacing Punk Zombies for damage dealers.  

While they're more cost effective in a Seamus crew I'm not sure they'll do more damage than a Punk Zombie (Rabble Riser now). They can get pretty decent damage against an opponent with distracted, but the Rabbles have flurry and easy access to focus. They can easily have three attacks, one with focused, each round at the cost of a card. Those are on plus flips with a 5 vs. the straight 6 of the doxy. I wouldn't take any OOK, but they're each probably good in their own keayword.