Yan Lo alt art for a new crew box?

Cursed25

Hi everyone!

I'm really intesrested of starting a new master for my Ten Thunders and Yan Lo seems a really fun and strong pick to me! But I'm not a fan of his sculpt for now and I was wondering if you think his new box will have his art in wave 5 book of M2e (https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2017/9/11/monday-preview-yan-lo). Also, there's another art of Chiaki on her upgrade which his way darker and grim than the actual pose.

Should I wait for a maybe new box, containing new sculpt and maybe the new Gokudo!? :D

ps: in the upcoming section for this summer there's no Yan Lo box and no Lynch Box. Since they are older boxes and we have a new art for Huggy. Maybe these 2 will get new models? :)

5 minutes ago, Cursed25 said:

ps: in the upcoming section for this summer there's no Yan Lo box and no Lynch Box. Since they are older boxes and we have a new art for Huggy. Maybe these 2 will get new models? :)

Seems likely.

If we take release schedule presented here (https://wyrd-games.net/news/2019/4/29/wyrd-retailer-newsletter-launch-plans) at face value (I reckognise that delays can and do happen from time to time), we're looking at a new Yan Lo and Lynch box on October at the earliest.

But considering in the past there have been models that took a year or more to get a mini after rules were released. Could be  Q4 of 2019. Could be "later".

With all that, if you want to play Yan Lo "now", get his old box. Might be able to grab it pretty cheap too. Then get the new box when it releases eventually. Might as well since it has new sculpts in. That's what I've been doing. Having a blast.

• Like 1

He will get a new box for sure with the 3 Gokudos as minions. If you write down all the Masters divided by factions (main factions, as they are divided in the PDFs ) 4 masters per factions are missing and will receive a new box or have an already revealed new box. 

But as Nikodemus said you won't see a new box for YanLo at least until late November\December if you are lucky. October is already taken by Viks and Dreamer (they were previously on the September Releases but they disappeared).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

He will get a new box for sure with the 3 Gokudos as minions. If you write down all the Masters divided by factions (main factions, as they are divided in the PDFs ) 4 masters per factions are missing and will receive a new box or have an already revealed new box. 

But as Nikodemus said you won't see a new box for YanLo at least until late November\December if you are lucky. October is already taken by Viks and Dreamer (they were previously on the September Releases but they disappeared).

September was only added to the upcoming releases page when the books were delayed. Unless you have seen something about a delay to everything in the september release schedule from the retail newsletter that I've missed, they're still slated for a September release (It's likely Wyrd is planning on Gen Con to release more information).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm talking about the old(?) Schedule . The one that Nikodemus posted in the first answer . I think that it will remain the same with just the Faction books added.

Edit: sorry , I read wrongly your comment . Yes , I was thinking September and I wrote October (and November/December as a consequence)

9 hours ago, SerZaka said:

I don't want to open a new topic about this but there is the new art for Lynch too (and some other masters) in the new site if you want to take a look 

His new art is so freaking nice! 😮 At first I didn't wanted to buy boxes of Masters I already have but since Lynch is my favorite and art he's just incredible, I think I'll make an exception! :P

16 hours ago, Jude said:

Yeah, I was hoping to see the new Chiaki and soul porter too but I guess we'll have to wait.

Take a look at Yan Lo's Ascendant upgrades for new Soul Porter art, and at Chiaki's and Izamu's Reliquary upgrades for their new art! It looks like pencil sketches, but it's something.

Unfortunately, there's no new art on Yin's or Toshiro's upgrades.