Nellie, the most feared guild master

4thstringer

So there is a completely unscientific poll on awp right now where people are voting on their most feared opposing master.  While masters like zoraida, Pandora, and Levi were the top three, the next level of feared masters for m3e were lj, Nellie and Parker.  I wasn't surprised to see lj there, but Nellie shocked me.  While I have enjoyed her, she hasn't been dominant for me since they took her "teleport an opponent hallway across the board" trick away.

Are your opponents fearing Nellie?  Or is this just a weird outlier?  I would have expected Sonia and Lucius at the top, not Nellie.  

1 hour ago, le_wahou said:

In the right strat/scheme, Nellie is really a pain, but she is not fearsome. I would also not expec Lucius at the top.

Do you have a link to this poll ?

48 minutes ago, Sterling said:

Is the poll just about the master or the whole keyword?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/AWYRDPLACE/?ref=group_header&view=group

5 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Yeah, Zoraida is one of the masters that to me makes the argument for hiring masters invalid, that, or her cost needs to go up dramatically. She seems a bargain at 16ss

I haven't played enough against her to be able to tell whether she is truly that far ahead of other off faction hires.  How she ends up comparing to say, LJ, Misaki and Kirai as 2nd master hires I think will be very interesting.

Are you agree? Zoraida seems pretty strong, her strenght relis heavily on obey, that works well in some strategies, however her key models die quickly..

Someone in that discussion even spoke of a change to her.

Sorry if i'm going off-topic, i know you were talking about Nellie but i'm very curious to hear all your opinions.

19 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Are you agree? Zoraida seems pretty strong, her strenght relis heavily on obey, that works well in some strategies, however her key models die quickly..

Someone in that discussion even spoke of a change to her.

Sorry if i'm going off-topic, i know you were talking about Nellie but i'm very curious to hear all your opinions.

Putting Zoraida in a list as a second master seems really good. I've been trying to find the filthiest tricks for Marcus and Zoraida is my best shot at a really disgusting list. She can obey enemies turn one from a beast that Marcus has given stealth and charge immunity to. Her obey with the trigger for an extra action can make the enemy beater charge backwards and hit a friendly model twice or force an already activated model to come forward and be killed by an entire crew with very little conterplay available to the opponent. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, 4thstringer said:

So there is a completely unscientific poll on awp right now where people are voting on their most feared opposing master.  While masters like zoraida, Pandora, and Levi were the top three, the next level of feared masters for m3e were lj, Nellie and Parker.  I wasn't surprised to see lj there, but Nellie shocked me.  While I have enjoyed her, she hasn't been dominant for me since they took her "teleport an opponent hallway across the board" trick away.

Are your opponents fearing Nellie?  Or is this just a weird outlier?  I would have expected Sonia and Lucius at the top, not Nellie.  

Unscientific is my specialty :D 

It went the way I expected to be honest. I haven't played against Zoraida, but I've read her card and the batreps and frankly I'm terrified of going up against. Ditto with Leveticus. 

I set it up out of interest, but also as some informal research. I like playing the scariest models on the table. Turns out I already had 2 :D 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Unscientific is my specialty :D 

It went the way I expected to be honest. I haven't played against Zoraida, but I've read her card and the batreps and frankly I'm terrified of going up against. Ditto with Leveticus. 

I set it up out of interest, but also as some informal research. I like playing the scariest models on the table. Turns out I already had 2 :D 

Did you expect to see Nellie that high on the list?