Ulix changes in M3e questions

Polar43

I was just re-reading the m3e descriptions of Ulix and it states "Ulix’s thematic crew has a number of ways to summon tiny Piglets to their side, which Ulix can then grow into larger pigs and prod into battle"

Would one assume this means the piglets can grow into wild boars or will there be a new mini? 

Also do you think the changes to summoning will hurt?. I am thinking raising of a bunch of piglets each turn in the game may not be possible anymore meaning less efficient summoning of warpig/s and scheme runners.

Also now Ulix will be paying more for some usual support minis may hurt. Merris, Sammy, Lenny.... 

8 minutes ago, Flinroz said:

That he may or may not even want to hire in 3e because it is an entirely different edition with new model rules...

well thats true enough, but i wouldnt think that the minis rules/roles will change so dramatically that they would not fulfill similar functions.

5 hours ago, Polar43 said:

Also do you think the changes to summoning will hurt?. 

I think that is up to you, to be honest. I said it before in the Forums: if you go into m3e thinking "oh m2e was just so great! I'll compare averything to m2e!" the changes will hurt, yes.

If you go into m3e with a fresh mindset and try not to apply m2e-paradigms, the changes won't hurt.

m3e is not a Balance patch. so saying the changes to summoning hurt or do not hurt Ulix is not really possible in my opinion, because Ulix himself will be a whole new Thing.

• Thanks 1

All summoning will be very different and supposedly you won't need the summoning engine anymore so I assume Ulix will come out fine and actually be able to take the themed stuff you really want instead of needing to pick the same support models each game. One can hope at least.

I assume you've read

8 hours ago, Polar43 said:

well thats true enough, but i wouldnt think that the minis rules/roles will change so dramatically that they would not fulfill similar functions.

It depends on what you mean. They will probably be similar, but if you've focused on a small part of their package then that might be part of what they have lost. So Merris is still got a rocket strapped to her back, but she may not have the same scheme marker movement tricks (Or they may not be needed, after all Dashel is summoning from scheme markers now, Ulix may do something different since he only summoned war pig from the markers).

The Ulix description most reminds me of the Nephilim Growth Mechanic.

About the only thing I am sure of is that you will have to do different things to M2E. Whilst Ulix is still a pig farmer and seems to base his play around Pig care and Maintance, there may not be the same reliance on large pigs to start the process that he used to have (unless those are the models that have ways to produce piglets).

Maybe a Hunger mechanic that makes them need to either kill models or be "fed" by Haulers?

Like a condition that gives you charges as (1), but forces the charge and if you haven't Eaten your fill by the end of turn you take damage?

EDIT: And once they've charged, mauled and devoured the opposition, they get sleepy and take a lil nap. Think of how adorable it'd be!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1